1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People with Baby Faces

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryler, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Ryler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So just a thought I've had, do you guys view having a baby face being a problem or a deal breaker when it comes to dating? I get my age mistaken all the time. I've gone to high school and even junior high for my siblings and the people there always mistake me as a student there. Someone has said I looked 12 once when I was 23... It gets frustrating that I always have to explain myself to them that I graduated college already and plan on going to grad school, etc. I feel like this trickles over to my dating life as well. People don't approach me because I look like I'm underage, or they don't take me seriously. Some people don't want to date someone that looks much younger than their actual age. I get the same dialogue from everybody, "that's good that you look so young, you'll look great when you're 30+". Sure it's good and all, but sometimes I wished I looked older so people don't ask me "where are your parents?":dry:

I know I should take their surprised responses as a compliment when I tell them my age, but it's just something that I'm a bit self-conscious about.

Fishtail likes this.
  2. killswitch0029

Personally I don't have a problem with them, but on the flip side I like to try and look my age, hence why I grew out my facial hair.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should take it as a compliment. I have several siblings whom are always taken to be of an age much younger than they actually are. My youngest sister in particular who is a dentist and she goes out at times to local elementary schools to teach them about dental care and hygiene and she tells me that she has guys coming on to her all the time because they think she is around their age. Months ago..we were hanging out and this young waiter had given her free food and asked for her phone number which she was very flattered since she is way older than they think and a married woman.

4. ThatOneK1d

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm content with looking 16 forever.

5. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't view it as a deal breaker. Honestly, I prefer "baby faces" to older, more masculine faces. My current crush (although straight) has been told he "looks 12" before. While that's an exaggeration, he does look younger than his actual age. But I find him so darn cute and attractive.

So I think it depends on personal preference. Just like some people prefer older looking significant others, some prefer younger looking ones.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with it, in fact a lot of people like it.

The guy I currently like is 18 but could pass for like 15.
    I'm 20 and someone told me I looked 17 yesterday xD
    Don't be worried about it.

7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha, I've been told I look 12 before.

I used to have a big problem with it since a lot of guys want more manlier, meatier types, but I learned to live with what I got. Believe it or not, there is a huge number of people that prefer smoother, younger, boyish types.

I seem to fit right into that. Own your "boy next door" niche. I did. :grin:

8. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 21 a coworker thought I was 16, now that I'm almost 27 I still look 3-4 years younger than I am.

I like this about myself, also I'm planning on going back to school and I like the fact that I wont really stick out as a much older student.

9. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I couldn't even grow stubble until I was 30. Now there is gray in my beard if I choose to grow it out.

10. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly think "baby faces" in both males and females are very attractive, so it's definitely just a matter of preference.

11. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 19 but I can very easily pass for being in high school, being shorter than average and not much beard. Not much luck with dating. =/ I find guys that look younger to be cute/hot though.

Fishtail likes this.
  12. AnnaClaire

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Most people think I'm 15, but I don't mind being old is one my greatest fears.

13. Gooonerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I work but people ask me which school I go to (Not even college ffs).

Personally like having one and people with one :slight_smile:

14. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are you my lost brother? * just kidding*
    Same orientation, a bit short and stranger talk like i'm in high school age. =)

RMember1 likes this.
  15. Sedatedsquirell

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well personally i find it quite cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but i'm not sure what the rest think tho :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As above, I find guys with youthful faces adorable. Also when I and my fiends joke with another friend of mine about how baby faced he is, we also say 'oh you look 12' - basically I was surprised that that is the age people tend to use as a description is 12 as they don't actually look 12.

Anyway, youthful faces are cute :slight_smile: (however, I also like some masculine guys - go figure).

17. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest, some younger guys with clean faces are attractive to me. Like makes-me-question-my-sexuality attractive. Like I'd-kiss-that-face attractive. They look like soft butch lesbians/young men and it's all so confusing...

18. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get told I act like I'm an adult in terms of responsibility, empathy, and conciousness but I get told I look like I'm not even in highschool by some people. I definitely don't have any super young mannerisms and there are a lot of people who look rather young compared to normal. I have slim figure and lack really defined jaw features which is probably why most people think I'm younger, but most of the people I like to be around see past it immediately and realize I'm definitely not a 14 year old.

19. mlansing

I was asked for ID when I went to see an R-rated movie last summer. I had just turned 33 :rolling_eyes:

Barbatus likes this.
  20. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends. When I was 18 one of my coworkers, who was in her early 30s, would flirt with me because I acted so mature for my age she thought I was older. At around that time another coworker said I looked old :frowning2:. I'm 29 now and get asked for ID every now and then, so I don't know if the disconnect between my looks and mannerisms throw people off or they're not good a judging ages.