1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News 'People are afraid': Gay caning stokes fear in Malaysia's LGBT community

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Sep 3, 2018.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I see and hear about "gay bashing" I ask myself what Im I really seeing? Take a hand shovel and dig a small hole. What do you have. A small mound of dirt next to the hole - cause, effect. What is driving gay bashing? A weakness on the perpetrators part. (perpetrators can be an individual, a group of people, a government (Russia), a religion.) The perpetrators are poorly educated and fear the unknown.

In some/many cases when perpetrators stoke the fire(s) against LGBT people, they are using fear as a tool to consolidate power and control. (ah there we go back to that power and control thing - just like in the Catholic church or any other religion for that matter. )

It's really that simple.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/asia/malaysia-gay-rights-lesbian-caning-intl/index.html