1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Loves books, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Loves books

I have a problem with both my parents. I applied for college as a mature student (over 23). I got in yo one of the hardest courses to get a place in, I found accomadation and I applied for a student grant and a loan to pay for the accomadation. Then my mother kept asking "are you sure you can handle this you will still have to payback the loan if you quit" and "are you definitely going to do it this time" and making comments about if I don't clean up after myself what am I going to do when I'm in college accomadation and if I sleep a lot because I'm so tired how do I expect to get up and go to college everyday. I don't mean I heard this once or twice I mean I heard it a hundred times. So much so I'm doubting myself. I don't know if I can handle this if I'm willing to borrow five grand on the risk I drop out. Can I handle the homesickness even though I can go home every weekend. I have a disability it will tire me a lot to walk to college the accomadation is a ten minute walk away and I will have a lift to and from during the day but not at night and do I think I could walk it because I won't do college if I don't have the societies. The college is very understanding about my disability I have been offered note takers because of my weak muscles and they organised the ride to and from college and if my stomach is acting up really badly which happens a lot they will order and pay fir a taxi for me. I also don't want to stay home. My dad is verbally abusive. He swears calls me names threatens my dog daily and has more than once threatened to get someone to shoot my dog. He says the second I leave for college they are getting rid of the dog and he throws the dog outside and leaves her there all day and she's an inside dog. My father screams at me to control her and then threatens to hit me when I can't. He makes weird noises to rile the fog up then screams at her when she reacts. I don't know what to do and I just want a break but I have all these decisions to make and I wonder should I just forget about college.

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need to get an education and get out of your house, the people who treat you and your pet like that are unacceptable and horrible. The college will be understanding of your problems and though you may have to work very hard you can get through it and your life will be so much better on the other side.

Shorthaul and Twist like this.
  3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take the puppy and run. Colleges have all kinds of resources for helping with disabilities, you just have to talk to them about it. Considering what we are still paying for my wife's education, 5 grand isn't to bad. It is certainly manageable with just about any entry level job.

As for dealing with being homesick, just think of how happy you will be not being there to get yelled at or have your dog get yelled at.

Myclosetisfull likes this.