1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents: Expectations vs. Reality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jargon, Jun 9, 2015.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad has no expectations for me nor do I so that's fine with me

2. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My dad never had any expectations. He's fine as long as I'm happy and don't cause any trouble for others. I do believe in him since he never really cared what others, including society and his family, think of him.
    My mom expects me to follow the conventional straight man with a stable job path. Too bad.

3. Doppelganger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unluckily for me, you could label my parents as "toxic people", my mum being excellent at passive aggressive behaviours and my dad could make a career of being self-centered. I know this is all harsh, but they put me through hell for many, many years and I am sorry but still resent them. I don't see them much anymore and I am quite glad, I am doing much better now.

So yeah, expectations where insanely high from me since early age, which led to anxiety and depression issues. Funny thing was I somehow managed to fulfill said expectations but it was not pretty at all for me and I ended up cracking. It was awful but it was for the best.

About my sexuality, they where not ok with it so yeah, yet another disappointment, why can't you be just like everybody else! Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for them, must be hard to be such an idiot.