1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to my family but....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Hippyotter, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Hippyotter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi Guys,

I’m new here! I have been struggling with my sexuality for the better part of 3 years now. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m probably Gay and just gay. That being said my attempts to have gay encounters haven’t gone smoothly... I was really wanting to not enjoy anything and always left before anything really happened. Recently, I came out to my sister and parents which was a huge relief to me! They were honestly so loving and accepting and that took a giant weight off my shoulders! Now though, I find myself wanting to tell my friends, so I can feel like I truly don’t have to hide anymore. The thing is that I haven’t had a “successful” gay encounter, and the guys on ####### are a bit to aggressive for my taste(especially with experimenting). I was wondering if you guys have any advice? Like did you guys just know? Was sex a crucial part of your self realization? I’d like to come out more, but my fear is that despite how I’ve been feeling it may not be for me. I feel like As much as I want to come out, I can’t because I haven’t gotten to that last bit of acceptence

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

Well done on your progress so far.

I don’t think you need to have a sexual experience to know your sexuality. Acceptance can take time. Come out to your friends when you’re ready.

#2 LostInDaydreams, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020