1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Out Status"

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Geek, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm assuming it's coming back, but is "out status" coming back to the profile? It's helpful when giving people advice and certain discussions.

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is on their profile page (if they have updated it) under information. Unfortunately there are technical limitations for the moment with displaying it by the name on all posts.

3. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to type the outstatus in (again)? When I changed it I could just choose one of the options they gave me but I would like to be able to type it in by myself cause non of the options are actually fitting my status

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As mentioned, these options should start to appear within the Information tab once individuals have updated their profile for this new platform. :slight_smile:
    Please see here regarding this issue: https://forum.emptyclosets.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-ec-2-0.457426/page-2#post-6477550

It's on our to-do list but will require some level of customisation due to XF's limitations. I'm not sure what solutions will be available to us at this point, but it is something that we want to address sooner rather than later.

5. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    sounds good. Not sure if it's on the to do list but you might want to do a find and replace in the database regarding old shortcodes and emoticons. Stuff like old videos and other emoticons aren't showing up correctly. Would take time to execute the SQL, but should be worth it.