1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Therapy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Beware Of You

So I am out of therapy, I have been in it for nearly 2.5 years since I used to self harm a lot and a couple of suicide attempts.

Now on some long term thing where if I get dark feelings again I am supposed to go back ASAP and I have checkups every few months..

2. Aro

Aro

It is always difficult coming off of any sort of help. With a commitment of that long, I am sure you feel as though there is a bit of a hole where the therapy used to be. I promise you that the feeling gets better. It may take some time, but if you are feeling that way, it will fade with time. I hope that the therapy did you well and that you don't feel as though you need to self-harm. It would definitely be a good idea to go back if you get those thoughts. I know it is common to feel like going back is a failure, but if you end up feeling that way- it is not. Recovery is an always ongoing process and taking a step back if things get dark again is not a bad thing. Be proud of yourself for how far you've come. <3

Are you alright? How are you feeling? I hope that you are doing alright and find comfort where you need it.