1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other motives for flirting besides sex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shyguyww, Nov 19, 2018.

1. shyguyww

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Me and my ex have recently started to interact again (we have broken up twice before).

On my way to visit him the last time, he asked me to buy something. When I got there, he confessed this gift was for a “friend,” who is not really a friend and I know he fancies, and that this “friend” feels the same.

I asked him to prove to me that they are just friends and that they have not hooked up. I really do not care of they did so. I just want him to be honest and open with me, since he has cheated before and I have a hard time trusting him.

I asked him to show me text messages between them, and he got really nervous. When he did, I saw what I already knew. Flirt all over, and visits to his friends place. He claimed he had forgotten about those messages and that if he flirted, it was because his friend is a famous actor and that if he keeps him close, he could attain job opportunities. Also stating that their relationship started in a flirty manner and that he needed to first flirt to later transform the relationship into a friendship. My response is that you do not need to flirt in order to keep someone close...

Should I believe this? It is possible to flirt for other reasons besides interest in sex?

I felt so stupid... buying a gift for someone he might have or wants to hook up with... he even asked me if wanted to meet him... Apparently so he could friend zone him. I responed that he didn’t need me to friend zone him. You do not need a partner if you intend to friend zone someone.