1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oral Sex and Condoms

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ex Ponto, Mar 9, 2023.

?

Do you use condoms for oral sex?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2023.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Ex Ponto

Do you use condoms for oral sex?

On one hand, it's safer to use them, but on the other, most guys prefer not to.

I'm more comfortable with a condom. I know it's not as risky as unprotected anal sex, but I prefer it that way for casual hook ups.

74andHome likes this.
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you doing the sucking or is the other guy supposed to on you? I'd do it either way if the guy wanted to I think, if the condom had little to no taste or smell and fit right on me. I guess put it in your post of what you want to do in either case so guys know and don't bother with you if they don't like it.

74andHome likes this.
  3. Ex Ponto

I'm versatile and can do both insertive and receptive roles. :slight_smile: I'm upfront about using condoms.

In this thread, I just wanted to see what other guys think about this and do when it comes to oral sex.

#3 Ex Ponto, Mar 9, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    74andHome likes this.
  4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have an estimate what % of guys are fine with it, or maybe you never hear from guys who pass on condoms. Do you have it in your profile so guys know before contacting you or you bring it up after chatting?

74andHome likes this.
  5. Ex Ponto

My rough estimate is that 20% of guys are fine with it. The reactions range from "ok, I don't mind" to "this is insulting".

I have profiles on several dating apps and networks. This info is public on some of them, but on others, it isn't. I always bring it up during chats because many guys don't read profile descriptions.

74andHome and Tightrope like this.
  6. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don’t think I could use a condom during oral sex. Whether I wear it or put one on my mind. Oral sex to me is all about sensitivity.

Red1, 74andHome and Tightrope like this.
  7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The small poll seems to show what a big poll might. Most people aren't interested in condoms for oral sex. You can get something from it, but it seems to be less common. In a lot of the articles, they say that's it's hard to isolate what oral sex can cause because people will have had more than just oral sex during a sexual encounter. I was hoping to find an easy read on percentages, but most of the articles I pulled up were research ones and full of statistics. I'm not in the health field but try to read a lot about health. I'm also a hypochondriac!

One of the things that most men don't know or talk about is basic urethritis. There are more cases of it than there are of gonorrhea and chlamydia combined. There is bacteria in the urinary tract, and it's like gonorrhea and chlamydia but usually doesn't have any discharge. I've seen it abbreviated as NGNCU. It can be an STI, but can come from other things. I don't even know if it gets reported under STIs.

If a person is going to have oral sex without condoms, you should make sure your oral health is in decent shape. That means no bleeding gums and no brushing or flossing for a good while before doing this. No cuts or blisters on the lips. That would have to go for the other person, too. That could be more challenging to check. It wouldn't hurt to thoroughly gargle with a mouthwash that contains alcohol before and after. Many types of mouthwash are going alcohol-free.

I'm not saying yay or nay to condoms during oral sex. I'm just suggesting guys take some basic preventive checks and actions if you know you're going to go this way.

#7 Tightrope, Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    74andHome and Searching2022 like this.
  8. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I like giving blow jobs and I love the sensitivity on the giving end. I don't mind a condom for receiving anal, but I think oral is much more subtle. There is also something very sensual about swallowing.

Contented, Beezy, Enzo46 and 2 others like this.
  9. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes Searching. Swallowing is the same thing as “ I feel safe with you and I want you to have the maximum pleasure I can provide to you.” But keeping them inside your mouth and continue to stimulate them after you swallow and until their erection fades is the greatest ending to what I believe is the greatest physical pleasure a man can have.

74andHome likes this.
  10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting that's your sense of what it means. What if the guy doesn't have that same belief, then do you think he feels unsafe with you? Not wanting to swallow doesn't mean anything other than that, unless you talk about it and find out why. All these unspoken rules and expectations of gay guys are too complicated lol!

74andHome likes this.
  11. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That’s just my belief. That’s how I feel and what I want to convey with one of the most intimate thing a man can do to another man. There are only the rules two people agree on from prior discussion. If a man didn’t feel safe the attraction wouldn’t be there an the act would never take place. Swallowing isn’t mandatory, but when it happens, to me, it will always be special.

Beezy, Enzo46 and 74andHome like this.
  12. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me swallowing is being closer and feeling intimate. I know the taste can very, but I so far I like the taste its very sensual feeling in my mouth.

Enzo46, Bob J20 and 74andHome like this.
  13. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Closer with more intimacy seems to be the major point. Can you get that with a condom? Really…. My response is I can’t imagine not having his bare penis pushed deep into the black of my throat as far as it will go. Now, I must admit I’m very careful who gets to put their penis down my throat. And that involves knowing the person very well. No strangers, ever!

Enzo46 and Bob J20 like this.
  14. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that the taste and the consistency can vary, but I also love enjoying the fact that as I am tasting his orgasm, he is feeling a tremendous amount of pleasure and I feel that I’m enjoying his orgasm with him and being a part of it. There would be just too much missing if he were wearing a condom.

Contented, Enzo46 and 74andHome like this.
  15. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also have the “No Strangers rule”. It takes a lot of chit chat before I’ll even meet up. Meeting up just to have a face to face discussion without any intentions of sex, is always my first step to getting to know someone. I met a guy at a picnic once and we chatted for quite awhile and after hearing a few things he said, I was pretty convinced he also enjoyed m2m sex. After awhile we both felt comfortable admitting our true desires and if was fun feeling comfortable enough discussing things I have only discussed with a few people. I did use that as my meet and greet, and later met him unexpectedly at a recital. We decided to meet for a drink afterward and ended up at his lovely house, and even though we had oral sex, we both finished the job for each other with our hands. I remember lying there in bed afterwards talking and the topic of having an orgasm in our mouth came up. I think we both were reluctant to do it on that day, but we both enjoyed doing it but only after a certain amount of trust had developed with the guy. One thing he talked about was how the taste varied from man to man. At that point in my life, I had never swallowed, but had let a few men orgasm in my mouth and then let it quickly run out of my mouth and down his manhood. I mentioned to him that the taste was really something I thought I wouldn’t enjoy swallowing. He then told me that if a guy ate peaches or pineapple throughout the day before and again on the day of, that would make his cum taste sweeter and not so salty. I remember him saying, you are what you eat. We decided that we would meet up again in the near future and when we did we both agreed that we would try the Peaches Thing. We chatted back and forth for a few weeks and finally decided to meet again for a drink and then go back to his house for the rest of the evening. I ate 2 cans of peaches and drank the sweet juice the day before, then I ate another can for lunch before we got together. I remember feeling so excited. I felt a connection with him and couldn’t wait to see if the peaches did anything. When we made it back to his house it didn’t take long before we were naked. After a great deal of hand and mouth stimulation by both of us, he said the time was near and I prepared myself for his orgasm doing my best I could to make his orgasm last as long as possible and in a very intense manner. When it happened it was beautiful and the taste was so sweet and I remember how thick it was. Then I had to take him out of my mouth momentarily to be able to swallow and it was so much different that I had expected. I quickly put him back in my mouth and slowly continued to please him trying to reward him for giving me such a wonderful and enjoyable experience. I highly recommend this to everyone reading this. They may be something everyone already knows, but if you’ve never tried it, and you have someone you feel safe enough swallowing, please try it and I am sure you won’t be disappointed. That is something you’ll never experience using a condom.

Enzo46 and 74andHome like this.
  16. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Bob. I agree with your approach big time. We a totally enjoy sex with men in any way we want if we know who we’r having sex with. Anything else is a setup for all kinds of misery. Be well.

Enzo46 likes this.
  17. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Personally I think it’s whatever you both agree upon

74andHome likes this.
  18. Enzo46

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sensitivity and taste of the penis make oral so erotic. These would be so diluted by condom. And swallowing is in my view an intimate declaration of your closeness and very erotic too, to have something so intimate from your partner inside you. I always swallow now and love it.

Contented, Joolz66 and 74andHome like this.
  19. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Enzo you are so right on! No way I would allow someone to push there penis into the back of my throat with a condom on! Might as well masturbate. I also would never let a man push his penis into the back of my throat or far up my ass without knowing everything I needed to know about him/them that makes them and me safe enough to have that kind of pleasure. Same goes for any woman I enter, front or backside. No stranger sex in my world obviously.

Contented and Enzo46 like this.
  20. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is so very true. Swallowing is the most erotic part of oral sex. Although the other aspects of oral sex using your mouth and hands is amazing as well. It truly means I feel safe and want you to feel pleasure and intimacy.

Contented, 74andHome and Enzo46 like this.