1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on should I get cut

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by theamos13, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Isaacsolomon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Surely it - hurts! - to get it done? Right?

The pain alone would be enough to decide for me.

2. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I can't speak for later in life, but I am cut, and when I had my son I was adamant about him not being cut. My way of looking at it is that most of the reasons for doing it are manufactured and cultural, and to me it is really just another form of genital mutilation, only in most cultures its considered "acceptable" where female genital mutilation is not..

Of course as an adult if it is important to you and it is your choice. Just remember that you can't reverse it and there are risks. I look at it similarly to my someday possibly transitioning.. I might do it, but don't think I would ever have SRS because I would never want to risk losing the ability to have an orgasm. Just my thoughts on it ~no judgment here.

Richard321 likes this.
  3. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree, I'm uncut. I'd be cut for medical reasons only - because, yes, there are dangers to being cut. And I think that being cut offers few if any benefits. I think the foreskin is present for very good reason - to protect the tender area under it.

On the subject of genital mutilation, though, I think that unless it is done wrong or goes wrong then circumcision of the penis is not anywhere near on par with the destructiveness caused by circumcision of the female vulva. There can be benefits to male circumcision - albeit very small benefits and disbenefits too. But there are no benefits for female circumcision. Female circumcision is always destructive, sometimes horrendously so.

#23 Richard321, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    theamos13 likes this.
  4. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    While I see your point, I believe that it may not be as horrific as some of the things done to female babies the fact is amputating genital body parts off of ANY child for other than due to medical necessity is genital mutilation. But that is just my opinion. But then am very big on Personal Choice and letting individuals decide when they are mature enough to make informed decisions. I don't even like small children getting their ears pierced until they are old enough to responsibly and properly care for the piercings without assistance, but again that is just me.

Richard321 likes this.
  5. Downhill

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, ow

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally it sounds so fucking painful that unless there was a very serious medical issue, I would never ever get it done. If somebody didn't like it, they can take a hike :slight_smile:. IMHO, most of the reasons for it are dumb af.

Isaacsolomon and theamos13 like this.
  7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm uncut (like most men in this corner of the world). My foreskin is a fundamental part of my sex life, so I'd never even think of getting rid of it for no reason. My boyfriend is uncut as well and I like it that way; I prefer them the way they are, although I wouldn't reject anyone just because they're circumcised.

I don't think you'd get cut if there are no medical reasons to do that.

Richard321 likes this.
  8. darlig ulv

Now this is the biggest problem I have with widespread neo-natal circumcision. Surgery shouldn't be the default, but since it is, the natural look is viewed as some weird, smelly alternative. Frankly, I see so much shame directed at uncircumcised men in the States and it just upsets me. Especially since I'm Jewish and circumcised so I feel like I have some inextricable bond to the tribal (not medical) custom that started this whole s**t-show.
    I know it's going to sound cheesy, but you've gotta love yourself and your body. If you do feel compelled to modify it in any way, you are an adult and have every right to do that, but you shouldn't do it for anyone but yourself.

9. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am going into hospital this Friday for a circumcision and am dreading Its been causing me anticipated anxiety but If I don’t get it done can’t see how I can be in relationship why does it happen to me all the time think I was cursed.

10. theamos13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why can’t you be in a relationship?

11. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am already cut and have met a few guys that had to have it done later in life for medical reasons. If I wasn't there's no way I'd do it voluntarily.

I've always heard uncut guys are bigger. Have seen a few always like it...

#31 DRobs, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  12. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my sentences sometimes don’t make sense but here I go I have had issues with love making in the past it as got stuck my forskin really back and had to go to hospital for it to be retracted and the pain having that done is horrible so there won’t be any love making till I have had it done and no man would put up with me not wanting to make love that would be a big ask I know there other ways but most want full on love making don’t they?

#32 spaceintime2032, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just make sure you're doing it for the right reason. To be honest though, I can't see why you would want to circumcise yourself as an adult unless for cultural/religious reasons.

If you're doing it because you want to be accepted or something, or you feel pressured to, then don't! It really does not matter at the end of the day. Someone will be happy with your penis. There are plenty of guys into "uncut".