1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Year Anniversary Coming Out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Dionysios, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You story is much like mine and many other gay guys. After years of living the "straight" life, it is wonderful to finally be ourselves. Some friends visited me a couple of months ago and remarked that I was much more affectionate and happier with my bf than I ever was with my wife. It's because I am at last living as an openly gay man and I don't care what others think. I too have rejected feelings of shame and guilt and accept my homosexuality as a natural part of my being.

Now I can fully enjoy my life. It is such a heartwarming feeling cuddling and snuggling next to my boyfriend. I only hope that more guys take courage and emerge from the closet and fully live their life openly. It's such an awesome, incredible and authentic life and far more rewarding than the heterosexual straightjacket we have been forced to wear!

2. Fritzcoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing it gives me hope.

Dionysios likes this.
  3. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the expression heterosexual straight jacket. It is absolutely the best description of what many of us have experienced. I also believe that there are many many more gay guys trapped in straight relationships than society wants to acknowledge. I hope as you do that they find the courage to liberate themselves from the bonds of heterosexuality once and for all. It is time for society to acknowledge with any prejudice that same sex relationships are just as significant and fulfilling as any straight relationship. We are not some strange species or mutation but simply men who prefer other men as sexual and emotional partners exclusively. I don’t mean to rant here but I accidentally got on my soapbox. lol

Dionysios likes this.
  4. Rose176

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations to all of you in taking that that step and thank you for sharing your experiences. It's so great to read that things are working out for you guys. It gives me hope that I'll get there one day too.

Hugs & :kiss:

Dionysios and Fritzcoop like this.