1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Ohio church apologizes after children encouraged to hurt youth pastor.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Apr 20, 2019.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a messed up situation. This youth pastor asked middle school aged to high school aged kids to spit in his face, slap him and cut him with a knife with no repercussions.

Article here

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yikes. Two thoughts came to mind. First, from the perspective of teaching the lesson about the crucifixion, I can see his intent, which was to create a sense of moral revulsion and outrage among the youth. So in that regard, it's an interesting idea. But it also sends a really wrong and dangerous message and reinforcement to teens, whose impulse control centers in their brains are not yet properly developed.

The other thought that came to mind was... I wonder if the pastor has some worthiness issues and was unconsciously acting out a desire for humiliation?

Either way... pretty messed up, and it seems like he realizes that what he did was way over the line.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was wondering if he had some sort of issue with his self worth as well. The thing that really surprises me about the while thing is that there was another adult there and he did not stop it. This happened very close to where I grew up, and I wish I could say I was surprised something like this happened there, but I really am not.