1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCD Brain Vs. Logical Brain

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Omegduh, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Omegduh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey y'all it's me again. Good news is that I started fluoxitine to help with my OCD and I am seeing my therapist on a bi-weekly basis. She also gave me a new task of when I get intrusive thoughts regarding men, I need to acknowledge that it's there, not judge myself that I get those thoughts and turn back to what I am doing.
    I have noticed the thoughts have gotten worse lately and my brain will try and "switch" to pretending I am doing things with a guy when I am kissing a girl for example. I get anxious about getting those thoughts, then I will get those thoughts. I know it's most likely my OCD kicking in, but it will doubt that its OCD and try and make me think its because I actually want to be with a man. Realistically I know that I don't. At least for the time being. I am trying really hard to not let these thoughts bother me but it's really hard. I want to focus on my exploration of liking women, but the thoughts regarding men will get really strong sometimes. I know most likely it's the OCD but sometimes I wonder if the thoughts are true.

#1 Omegduh, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am glad that you have gotten help. Keep up with the medications as prescribed and follow your therapists advice. It sounds to me a lot like the things that I have read on mindfulness, which has helped me with intrusive thoughts. I found that it took quite a bit of time and effort to start working for me, so don't let it upset you when the thoughts return, just keep doing the work.

Chip and Omegduh like this.