1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCD, anger, and other things

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ljjgreat2017, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am going to keep this as short as I possibly can.

I have an ocd problem. Ive had this problem for as long as I can remember. Yesterday I had a major setback in my progress towards recovery for ocd. yesterday i had predicted that i would arrive somewhere at a certain time and i ended up arriving at that time, which made me feel upset and angry. the anger made me feel helpless. not only that, but having ocd makes me feel helpless and powerless. ive been feeling angry for the past day and today. plus, i have a fear of predicting the future. also, i feel that my week is cursed because of my ocd obsessions.

What is the solution to OCD obsessions? How do you deal with OCD causing you to feel angry? How do you dela with OCD making things feel cursed?

2. smurf

Really sorry that you are feeling this way. It sucks to feel out of control.

Are you currently in therapy working on your OCD?

My understanding is that there is no way to cure it, so you have to learn how to survive it and thrive with it.

For me, I suffer from an anxiety disorder and panic disorder. It means that I constantly have anxiety and panic attacks through out my day. In a bad day I can have 10 attacks about things that a lot of people wouldn't think twice about. It sucks and there is no way to cure it.

But I can learn how to manage it and make sure that it doesn't affect my life as much. I can build my life around it if I so wish or I can learn how to cope with it so I can do my job.

If you aren't in therapy yet, I would highly invite you to start. A support group is also very helpful!

3. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel, I've had severe contamination OCD since six grade, it makes me feel helpless too. I let a stupid little thought it my mind control my entire life. It's prevented me from seeing friends, going places, and even going to school. In the end I just feel trapped, angry, and sometimes I just want to die. I fall in and out and in and out of depression sessions, and other times I'm just furious. But I can't change my OCD. I always have a plan of what to touch, where to sit, when to wash my hands and on and on and on. But I miss my friends and school. I miss school. Going back to school became my goal. I decided I would do anything to go back. So slowly I began my process of getting better. I began touching small things and making small milestones. I got CBD oil to help calm my mind, though that didn't really work. I still have my ups and downs, and days when I go right back to the start and I spend the day crying and cutting my arm. But the next day I get out of bed, take a deep breath, and start over. And I'm still not fully healed. OCD never goes away fully, it's always going to be there. But you know what? You can kick it's a$$, and control it, instead of letting it control you.

You need to find something or someone that motivates you to push through it. For example my motivation was going back to school. Set milestones for each day. Some of my first milestones were to Touch the door, dry your hands, touch the counter, wear clothes I used to wear to a "contaminated" place. I know when you set the mile stones, you'll look at them and say something like " I can't do this, how can I ever do this." But you can, you need to work at it slowly, like chipping away a layer of a jawbreaker. It takes time. This won't happen over night. I mean, it took me almost a year and now I'm going back to school this summer. You're going to have set backs, and that's okay., Everyone does. Just push through it, even though it makes you uncomfortable. You'll get through this, I promise. Feel free to contact me if you need any help, good luck ❤️

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ljjgreat2017.....OCD is nothing to joke about even though I hear joking comments about it almost every day. I have been diagnosed by both a psychologist and a therapist with OCD...so I know what it feels like. It's usually not something that you can be "cured" of...but...you can work to get it under control. A combination of working with my therapist and some medication has reduced my OCD by about 85% or so. It's still there but no longer controls me. Seriously think about seeing a therapist. They could also help you find someone who can prescribe meds to help!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: