1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessing over mistakes

Discussion in 'Anonymous Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Anonymous

It is way too easy for me to get reminded by mistakes in the past and embarrassing things that happened and as soon as I do I feel crumpled and it really gets in the way of socializing and being productive. This takes up a lot of the day and it feels like I'm just disappearing and there's no point in being around because I'm a bad person and I'm unlovable. This is how I feel despite knowing that the rule is that "everyone has worth" and "no one can love you if you don't love yourself". I don't feel like my family (+ extended,) even cares about me at all and if they show interest that it's just because they're trying to be polite and show that they have manners. I'm not suicidal right now but I feel like I KNOW I will give up at some point, and really can't imagine myself dying naturally of old age. I don't believe anything can be gained from me being around that long.

So yeah I have no one to turn to. I wasn't raised to be close with my family and the idea of it has always repulsed me. What do I do

2. Anonymous

Have you come out to some of them?
    If you haven't, are you acting like you familys expectation and that's why
    they may feel the distance from you?

Because having or wanting to hide a part of yourself IS stressful on you mentally
    and can lead to Depression. Have you thought of locking a psychologist or
    therapeutic up to help you?

3. Anonymous

(OP)
    Doesn't having anything to do with that really. I think they know anyway but it's not like I pretend to have a straight life, I just don't use pronouns when that sort of thing comes up - which is rarely. And I've never been involved with anyone so that's also why it doesn't come up.