1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now moved out marital home...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rade, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well today was the day. I have moved out of the marital home. I have felt ok generally today. My eldest daughter aged 13 wanted to stay over which was nice. I feel unsettled and it takes me ages to feel settled wherever I have lived. I don't know really why. My daughter also knows I'm gay and is fine with it. I just feel a bit lost I suppose. It's been 20 yrs since I was last on my own . I'm still emotionally connected to my ex wife and there have been alot of ups and downs...
    I just want to be happy and find love ..

#1 Rade, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow Rade, Big Step! Congrats!. I've read some of your history and from what I read I can see you were having a difficult time adjusting while she was moving on. I'm so glad your daughter decided to stay over. I'm still undecided about telling mine, also 13. Keep posting as you fully settle in. I wish you the best.

Rade likes this.
  3. whattodo1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rade, good to hear you’re keeping your head up through all this. I know it’s been tough on you and your family, but I hope things work out well for you. Starting to get some support from your kids sounds like a good start.

Rade likes this.
  4. Ronfindsit

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations.. So glad for you and that unsettled feeling will go away. Anytime someone moves it takes awhile to relax. Plus when you add the emotions, of your situation. I know when i moved out to my own place, it had been 38-40 years since i had lived on my own. So i understand that feeling well. I've been on my own since this past may, and it's ok that real odd feeling went away pretty quick. You've taking that important step, now give yourself time to relax and get familiar with your new surroundings.

Rade likes this.
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rade.....Congrats Rade!! I'm sure it won't take too long to adjust to your new place. So glad that your daughter is accepting. Kids have a different outlook on life in general now than when I was a kid...centuries ago! I was a high school teacher for 41 years and I witnessed first-hand how that change happened. It was amazing to see kids accept that one of their classmates was gay/lesbian and they pretty much treated them just like everyone else. I know that there will be ups and downs but you have made the choice to be true to yourself, to find your own happiness and to let your ex have the chance to find someone who can make her happy also. It's only going to get better from here on out! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Rade and Ronfindsit like this.
  6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex wife shouted it out in a rage Friday night, so I had no choice but to discuss with her. She has no problem with it was so ever... at her school sexuality isn't a problem with people these days....XX oh I haven't told the other two children aged 10 and 6....

7. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you...I think we will all be happier and I hope me and ex will get along better soon. Whoever I meet I hope he will become apart of my family including ex wife....so now and then we can all get together....

weary likes this.
  8. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your support, it means alot....

Ronfindsit likes this.
  9. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, this is an amazing place on....EC

10. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well ex wife is bringing, some more items over and I'm having all 3 children today Sunday...back at work tomorrow which is good, need to be busy at the moment....
    One thing it's so pieceful here which I like....thank you everybody....XXX
    Big hugs and much respect Rade XXX

11. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Rade,

Wow that’s a huge step! How are you feeling now? Congratulations on making such a big move forward. And take some time to get to know yourself, enjoy your freedom and enjoy the peace :slight_smile:.

Rade likes this.
  12. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello
    I'm feeling ok....but I am bound to have a few wobbles, I want a guy in my life but I also want to enjoy my own space for a bit. I hope to meet sonsome who doesn't want to get too serious, don't want to live with anyone for example. Don't mind them staying over....
    I have met simeoso at LGBT and we

13. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have become good friends. His started looking after himself, lost weight. He looked really smart the other night at the group and I told him so. He then complemented me too which was nice...we have alot of respect for each other.
    I'm planning on asking him out nearer to Christmas...I'm enjoying our friendship but would like it to be more but don't want to rush it....

#13 Rade, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  14. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Woohoo! You did it!

Going without your kids is going to be a little weird, lonely and painful. I am SOOOO glad they are happy to be with you and your ex is happy to allow that. I recommend trying some meet up groups and such to develop some hobbies to fill the down time. 3 kids is a big hole to fill when they're gone. This will also help you strengthen who you are for that future someone... and maybe even meet! Enjoy life! I look forward to reading your updates!

15. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, I have had them all day, we had fun. Mum picked them up a while back. It's nice to have some quiet time. Ex had the day with her boyfrend. I'm picking them up from school tomorrow so it's good. I'm going to a LGBT dinner this Friday. I have the apartment to sort out so lots to do. You have been very supportive, thank you very much....what a year ..I will keep posting but want to support others more too on EC....xx

UMedusa likes this.
  16. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are being entirely sensible in allowing yourself a bit of space. Leaving the marital home is a big decision to take and it's inevitable that you will feel unsettled and need some time to adjust. Even so, you have your sights fixed on the future and you seem to know how you wish to proceed. Give yourself time and don't try to force anything in the coming weeks. If your feelings ebb and flow a bit, that's fine and it's only to be expected.

I hope you will be able to work things out with your ex wife. She probably feels wounded right now, and like you, needs time to adjust to the changed situation. If you can remain strong and composed it should help.

Rade likes this.
  17. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Patrick ....perhaps me and my friend should work just on our friendship for now. I don't want to lose him as a friend.....I suppose after 20 yrs with a woman I'm keen to date a guy ..but I'm also still finding myself and need to learn to live on my own again.....

18. FooFight54

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Rade
    I so glad your daughter is so supportive of you.
    I hope too that you and your wife can reconcile and remain friends forever.
    Best of luck adjusting to your new surroundings.
    Hope you do find someone to love and that man loves YOU for who you are!

FooFight54

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally understandable that you want to live and love again and I see nothing wrong with your plans. My only note of caution is to avoid setting timeframes, at this stage. You may find yourself and adjust more quickly than you imagine, but you may also have that ebb and flow of feelings that I mentioned previously. I think it's important to give yourself time and space to deal with anything that arises in the weeks ahead, without any additional pressure.

Rade likes this.
  20. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, it is wonderful that you took a huge step to live for you! Like any change in life, it takes time to adjust. I am sure your children will adjust well with you, and am glad your 13 year old is supportive of you. I do not plan on telling my boys, as my 19 year old have made homophobic remarks on more than one occasion. Take it easy, enjoy your space!

Rade likes this.