1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to make of this... (My mom)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 19, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

So my mom has been kind of eyeing me for a while, she knows that I've been majorly depressed/anxiety for a while now and she's aware that I've had multiple suicidal episodes (thought about it, didnt do anything) for the past few months.

So today i was out getting new shoes and my phone died. Two hours later I was home and she got home a little later and while I was in the kitchen this conversation happened:

Mom: I don't like it when you turn your phone off.
    Me: It died, what worried I needed a ride home?
    Mom: No, I thought you stepped in front of a car.

I mean, give me a little credit for making it this far. I don't know if she means it negatively but it seems like she just has no faith in my ability to not commit suicide. I mean, yes it's a thought that's near-constantly on my mind but I've never even self-harmed. And I just need to vent here, I really really really dont want to bring this up to my mom. :/

2. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    this sounds complicated.. honestly she seems really worried for you and i can understand that but i agree that she needs to have some faith in you.. i know you don't want to but maybe talking about it would help. she seems like a very very worried/ paranoid mother and i think if you just sit down ad talk to her and assure her that you won't end up killing yourself maybe it would just help her to hear that and know that she doesnt have to worry about you and she can get off your back a little. i know talking to her is not what you want to hear but i honestly think would help the situation.