1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what else I can do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CyanChachki, Feb 22, 2016.

1. CyanChachki

I'm tired of the ignorant comments. I fake a beard to look more masculine, people call me out on my fake beard and make fun of it. I post a picture of myself just as me, as masculine as I could try to look and I still get made fun of. Tonight's comment hurt me more than any other comment. I wish it didn't but I feel like it's the last straw. The comment was "I can't decide if you're an 18 year old boy or a 38 year old lesbian." I don't know how else to put it. I'm just so damn sick of people trying to guess my gender and making rude comments on it, instead of asking me like any normal person should do.

Aside from that.. do any of you loathe telling others that you're transgender? I sure do. I hate it. I would like it more if the majority of the people I've told where open to the idea of having a transgender as a friend but there's always something and I've come to the point where I just don't say anything at all. I'm trying not to allow myself to mentally drop anchor.

2. Eye Shine

That's terrible and whoever said that you should be ashamed. I would say to first and foremost get rid of people who are mean to you like that. I would block that person immediately if they hurt me like that on what seems to be social media.

You are a great person and just have to remember that! It doesn't matter what other people think. I would suggest going to a support group or LGBT+ meetups to meet people who will accept you no matter what. Transgender included!!!

I can't say anything about being transgender seeing how I am not trans, but I use to know someone who was transgender. He was a confident young man who wasn't afraid to show who he was and everyone in class liked him as a person. The point is that there are people that are accepting of transgender people. You just have to get rid of the bad people in your life and invite kinder and more accepting people to your heart.

I hope I helped a bit friend. Feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk.