1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not out but want to date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dejuntman, Sep 4, 2021.

1. dejuntman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone, posted a few weeks ago in the orientation forum and good news I fully accept and understand the fact that I am gay ☺️. I’ve experimented in the past but want to try actually dating! I’d like to avoid hookup apps like ###### and ######. Any other app suggestions where people want to go on a date or hangout? Or other ways of meeting people? I should mention I am not out to friends and family yet

2. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome. Don’t think we as members can suggest apps and think EC automatically edits out any names etc with a #.

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you are not interested in hookups and want to date and get to know someone I do not recommend any sites. I found them all to be worthless for meeting people for anything other than hookups (which I never wanted). The only good way that I have found anyone worth dating was to do things that I was interested in and then by making friends that eventually developed into something more serious. This does mean being out at least to the people you are going to become friends and possibly date, though you can still avoid being out to family.

FireFox and dejuntman like this.
  4. dejuntman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oops! Thank you for the heads up!

Lemony likes this.
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dejunctman.....Lemony is right, we don't post URL's of dating sites here on Empty Closets. We're not a dating site and don't feel that's it's appropriate here on our site. However, that doesn't mean I can't give you some ideas! :old_smile: Are there any LGBTQIA+ support organizations where you live? If so, they often have meet-up groups or activity groups where you could get to know people. If you attend church, many churches have groups where you could meet people...if it's an accepting church! I do hope you can find someone who you'd like to date!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

dejuntman likes this.
  6. dejuntman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have emailed our local LGBTQIA center twice and have not heard back from them. I did notice a larger city and hour away has events once per month I plan to check out.

7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ideally, you would like to date someone who shares your interests. So, join groups, clubs, and organizations that fit your interests, and participate in group events and meet-ups. Be open to sharing yourself with the group. You might meet someone in the group that you would like to date, or perhaps a group member knows someone who might be a good match for you. The point is to enlarge your circle of friends and contacts. This in turn has a better chance of connecting you to a future date.