1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not bothered after breakup?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CuriousLad, Oct 6, 2018.

1. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met my ex (first boyfriend) online and then in person three days later. We had way too much in common really and started dating. He'd confessed and I'd rashly accepted. And well it was fun, yes but I just never felt like I can't live without this guy or want a future with him. So after 1.5 months it struck me that I don't really love this guy, and instead had been simply flattered by attention from the first gay guy I'd ever met in person who was also this interested in me. This is why I'd always flinch before saying 'love you' even before bed because I don't like to throw that word around. And he was always way more into me and attached to me than I was to him, and it bothered me because I felt I was messing with this sweet guy. I broke up with him a week back and it's not making a single difference in my life. I was a bit lonely the day I broke it off but after that I didn't even feel sorry for what I'd done, even if I was glad I didn't drag this out because it would just hurt him more. I'm not sure why I did this either. Maybe because I feel I should be completely independent and live away from my parents to date anyone seriously. And I just thought he deserved better than a guy who was forcing himself to like him. How bad was this?

2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You did the right thing and broke it off. It doesn't make sense to feel bothered since you didn't actually feel the same way he did about you.