1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not attracted to my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by covert direwolf, May 20, 2017.

1. covert direwolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, apparently, I have a girlfriend.

I knew she was a lesbian and she thinks that I'm a lesbian (that's what I identified as when I came out to her), and I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime. Well, she interpreted this to mean that we're dating, and I am not attracted to her in any way.

I don't really know what to do. I'm demiromantic, so, with time, I might be attracted to her. I asked her if we could take things slow, but I don't think that would be enough for me; I'd like to be friends first. I am also in love with a straight girl who is also my best friend (don't judge me, it happens), so I can't imagine being with anyone else. I was thinking that maybe my girlfriend could help me get over this girl, but I don't think that's fair for her.

I have also discovered that I am a demiboy, and because she's a lesbian, I don't know if she would want to be in a relationship with me if I came out to her.

I've only been dating her for 4 days now, so I don't think it would be too hard of a blow if I broke up with her. I also feel like I haven't even given her a chance, but at the same time, I'm not attracted to her.

What should I do? I know that I was stupid to get myself into this situation, but I'm even more stupid if I can't get myself out of it before I hurt her feelings.

Thanks for reading. Any advice would be helpful.

2. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You really shouldn't stay in a relationship just because you feel obligated to. If you aren't attracted to her there's a fair chance time won't change that, especially if you have feelings for someone else, and it would be unfair to her to pretend otherwise. I would recommend just admitting that you only see her as a friend before she gets too invested in the relationship.

3. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with SomeUserName. You shouldn't be in a relationship where you don't have feelings for someone, and you shouldn't lead someone on either. It never ends well.

I think you should have a talk. If she misinterpreted your intentions, clearing it up would get you out of the situation.

I think some people know on a first date if there is feelings there or isn't. As a girl who gets rejected a lot, and sometimes rejects others, if it's there, it's there, if it's not, it's not. One sided feelings or forced feelings just don't end well.