1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non- Binary/ Genderfluid Problems

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jusataqueerhere, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jusataqueerhere

Out Status:
    Some people
    This isn't really an "I need advice" thread and more of a "yeah I deal with this :***: too" kinda deal

Background: I was assigned female at birth and I currently (it's changed a lot) identify as genderfluid and use they/ them pronouns. I've been questioning my gender for the good part of this year and it's only been a couple months since I was able to "label" my feelings. I've only come out to a handful of people.

1. The days when I feel like my assigned gender and I question whether I'm really nonbinary.

2. Recently my band director told me that I have to wear a dress for formal concerts and I don't know how to explain that the thought of wearing a dress makes me really dysphoric. And knowing that "clothes don't have gender" doesn't help at all.

3. Being totally fine with my body for some amount of time and then suddenly being really super dysphoric.

4. Not sure what I want my pronouns to be because she/ her makes me feel powerful (like a strong, independant woman) but he/ him is like WOWIE!! How NEAT! and they/ them feels meh but also feels like it encompasses my identity no matter what gender I feel like at the moment

I don't know but I thought it would be cool to open up a discussion between the non-binary humans out there. Mayne it might help someone dealing with stuff too. I don't know. I think it would be nice to at leat know that there are others out there who have similar problems.

2. littleraven

"Hey! Let's play this game boys vs girls."
    Me: Can we not? *dies inside*
    --
    Me: *has to undress before I take a shower*
    Me: What are thoooose? :confused: (Talking about breasts)
    --
    That weird feeling you get when you're in the women's restroom.

#2 littleraven, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. ledja

ledja Guest

ugh, yeah. that sucks he says that you have have to wear one. seriously, in 2015 that's just crap.

yes. just yes. i forget about this most of the time. it's an unpleasant shock to get changed, sometimes to wake up and remember i have a female body. it just sucks.

adding some more.......

when people tell you to act more like your assigned birth gender.

mens sizes are so freaking big, and boys sizes usually have cars or trains or Ben 10 on them.

binding is a pain.

i have no idea who i should be dating, because i don't want to physically transition (despite dysphoria), i just want to present and identify comfortably. so that pretty much erases straight guys, gay guys (probably), and gay women..... so that leaves like bisexuals and pan and omnisexuals who are also understanding of trans people. but like..... it's so much more complicated??? :lol:

being scared of passing. being scared of not passing.

4. littleraven

"Who are you and what have you done to mW daughter?"
    ;-;

--

"Guys sing this part. Girls sing this part."
    :/