1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, Xbox

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Blackangel, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is your preferred system platform? This isn't limited to one edition. For example Nintendo covers every system from NES to Switch. The same goes for Sega. Genesis, Dreamcast Saturn. Again it's the same for Playstation and Xbox.

I grew up a Nintendo fan. It's always been my favorite. I like Playstation a lot too, but not as much. I was never really exposed to any Sega gaming, but I plan on getting one very soon. As for Xbox, I absolutely hate it. I can't stand the controls, and the games lag and bore the hell out of me. As for the graphics, I do have to give them props there. Xbox has some awesome graphics, but that's the ONLY thing I like in the least about it.

Also what's your preferred edition? Like to you prefer SNES over Wii, and the same for the other platforms.

Me I have to go with NES. It has the best games ever. But SNES is a close second. I'm not a fan of the disc systems Nintendo put out like Gamecube and Wii. I'm not saying I would never play them, but they're not something I get on very often.

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had quite a few different systems. Rt now, I got two ps3's, an Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One. I like both the PS4 and Xbox One a lot, but I do like the controller better on Xbox and the interface better on the PS4.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Given both systems have exclusives I really like, it is hard to pick one over the other really.

4. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a very loyal Nintendo fan. Not out of any sense of superiority per se just what I grew up with and I've always stuck with them. I was honestly starting to consider moving to Playstation a ways back, but I think they are doing a great job with the Switch, so I'll continue to stick it out.

As for my favorite console, I think the GameCube is definitely up there, but I have high hopes that once there is a bigger game library for the Switch that it will be my new favorite. Right now the only games I have are Splatoon 2 and Breath of the Wild.

I have a hard time liking the NES and SNES as much because my first console was the N64, meaning I grew up with 3D games, and have a harder time getting into 2D games.

5. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me
    Me too, for the same reasons, though I started with the SNES. I got that one for Christmas when I was 6. Later got an N64 at 12, skipped the GameCube entirely and got a Wii when I was 21. The latter were both birthday presents. I have nothing more advanced at the moment.

My game library consists mostly of Legend of Zelda (fave series) and Donkey Kong Country with several Pokémon and Mario games mixed in.

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a PS4 but my Nintendo Switch is my favorite console. I don't have many games, but the ones I do have (Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon) are excellent. I'm getting more and more into PC gaming though.

7. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I wish I had a Switch or at least a Wii U, wasn't really that keen on it until Breath of the Wild, but me being the serious Zelda fan that I am (I even cosplay as Link at conventions) it hurts not to be able to play it.

I've done some PC gaming, but I really find it frustrating because of how much they tend to lag.

Of the three consoles I own, I have my Wii and my old SNES (yes, the same one I got for Christmas 24 years ago; Nintendo apparently built their old consoles to survive a nuclear apocalypse) with me, while I left the N64 behind at my parents' house and just downloaded my favorite games from it to the Wii Virtual Console.

#7 DRex, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Torn between Playstation and Nintendo. Nintendo is the superior company imo, but me and playstation go WAY back. I mean SPYRO THE DRAGON back. So there you go.

9. January G

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I grew up on Nintendo and got into Xbox in my early teens. However, I've recently been brought over to the PS, as Halo hasn't been as good as it was. Nintendo is still my main, I'm at all the midnight releases of their games (OOps). My favorite will always be the GameCube. I just get all vaporwave-y when I think back to playing Mario Sunshine or Melee.

10. Blizzaga

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    PlayStation!
    My favorite is probably the PS2!
    So many classics!

ICO
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

Just to name a few :slight_smile:

11. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've at least played some versions of most consoles.

I had Sega growing up and it was enjoyable to play although I don't think the graphics etc would stack up today!

I played a Nintendo (probably one of the first ones) because it was black and white and it wasn't great for me. It was one dimensional and boring.

And then I had the Xbox console which I thought was good enough but there wasn't a variety of games at the time. You could also watch videos etc but even that seemed somewhat clumsier than the PlayStation.

Now onto my favourite!!! I've had every PlayStation console except for PS3 including a PSP. The first and second playstations were the source of many hours of fun. The PSP was a lovely handheld that was sleek, had lovely graphics at the time and had a decent selection of games.

And I have a PS4 pro which has an awesome feel to it. The graphics are exceptional, there are a wide range of games incl. some exclusives and there are other things you can do like watch videos etc. So for me it is the best all round console until they come out with something else.

12. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  13. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up on Nintendo and i play Nintendo more, so i would have to say Nintendo is my favorite. I still have fond memories of Playstation too. A lot of my childhood classics, favorites, were PS1 and PS2 games.

14. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have several PSP's. Even the white Assassins Creed edition. It was the first PSP I got. It doesn't mean anything to me just because it's a limited edition, as I absolutely hate AC.

15. Blizzaga

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can I have it? Xp

16. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely Nintendo. Loved all the consoles for the most part (wasn't a big wii fan though). I even experienced most of my favorite third party games on their consoles.

17. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PC, for sure. Overall, I prefer mouse and keyboard over joypads, and of course, modding. But, if we're talking about consoles, then Playstation. I have owned every Playstation console since the PS1, and have never been disappointed with any of them.

18. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like both playstation and nintendo. I like xbox and computer games too.

19. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Historically I've preferred either Nintendo or X Box. I've never owned anything in the PS family, and don't really plan to. I'm getting kind of tired of consoles though. Lately I've been mostly playing games on my computer, and really only go back to consoles for the higher end graphic stuff my computer can't run well. Some day, if I have disposable income for more then a few months at a time, I'd really like to build a nice gaming computer and join the PC master race.

#19 jam93, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  20. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Game Cube/Wii and PS2.
    The many warnings of ways how to not use a Wii will always make me grin. =)

Anybody else sold or gave away there GC cuz of having a Wii?

#20 Fishtail, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017