1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie and questioning

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nicenic, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,

Just found EC today. I’m in my 30s. Just a few weeks ago it me like a ton of bricks that I am fully sexually attracted to women. I think this has always been a part of me. I have just been in complete denial.
    I don’t really know what to do about these feelings. I feel stupid. People have questioned my sexual orientation in the past. How did they know before I had a clue? I’m not sure if I’m bi or lesbian, all I know is that I want to have a sexual experiences with women.

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Nicenic!

Don't be too hard on yourself. Likewise, I'm in my 30s, and I didn't finally come out to myself until nearly this time last year. You'll find lots of others in the LGBT+ Later in Life subforum who have gone through similar experiences, too. :slight_smile:

As for processing? Take as much time as you need; there is no right or wrong way to cope with this realization. If you ever want to talk, feel free to drop me a line.

3. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you BiWriter87. It’s a frightening and liberating at the same time. I appreciate your response. Knowing I have this forum for support certainly helps.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

This is not as uncommon has you might think. I was completely oblivious about my sexuality until I was 28.

I hope you find the support you’re looking for here. Take care.

5. arson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Welcome! I'm just a thirteen year old, but I've been told that I'm okay at giving advice so I hope that this is helpful!
    I was sure that I was straight for most of my life before finally realizing that I was bi. It was really hard not knowing what was happening with my identity because it's been the same for so long. It's always okay to question your identity and sexuality, and sometimes you need to learn from experience. Just know that you always have support here :slight_smile: