1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Year - how to become a new person?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Joe2001, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Happy New Year EC!

Firstly, I would like to thank the community for all of your help last year. In hindsight, 2018 was a good year in many ways but I still had issues and always got great support here.

With it being a new year and the year that I turn 18, I have a New Year's resolution to become a more likeable person. One of my main issues has been friendships. I had a few friendships which ended in 2018, so I'm looking to find ways of making myself friend material as I'm not cutting it at the moment. I am finishing school in May so things could change.

I'm keeping optimistic that things will change in that regard and am hoping that at some point in the not too distant future, one of the friendships can become a relationship as I'm 18 in November, so have been single for too long.

I'm being a bit vague here, but generically, how can I improve myself for 2019?

#1 Joe2001, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Joe.....Hello again! One of the best ways to find friends is to be a friend! Try to find people who share similar interests with you, that will give you a reason to talk to them. Being helpful to others is also a good way to meet people...think about it and have a great New Year!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: