1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New on here and trans

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Milos1598, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Milos1598

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heey,
    so I've known that I'm not cis since I was 12, but of course there were ups and downs. I am 18 now and have been sure that I'm a trans guy for a while, but since I live in a small town right now I don't have trans friends. I figured I might be able to just hear from a trans person on this app, so feel free to comment, but also, any genders and sexualities are welcome. I have not started my transition nor will I for a while because of the circumstances, but better "late" than never.

I wish you all great friends and support

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to Empty Closets, it's good to have you on board.

Take a look around the forum, particularly the Gender Identity and Expression area where you will find lots of posts about the transitioning journey. New threads are being added all the time, but there is an extensive archive of threads too. If you need advice or support, don't be afraid to start a thread of your own. People like to help!

Even though you haven't started transitioning, I hope you have been able to find some ways to live that are affirming of your male identity. Maybe some of our trans members can offer more hints and tips. I know it can be very difficult, especially if you have dysphoria.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Ivan. As Patrick had said, you may want to check out the Gender Identity and Expression sub-forum. You may find some helpful posts and other trans people going through similar situations. I'm from, and currently live in a small town as well, I know the struggles.

Hope to see you around the forum. :slight_smile:

4. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome Ivan! As others have said, have a dig around on the forums - there's plenty of useful advice to be found.