1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Name Help!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SecretlyKing, Jul 15, 2016.

1. SecretlyKing

Ah, so, my gender is the biggest mystery. I mean... I'd love to be a boy after all this dysphoria I've had as long as I can remember, but I also like dresses and skirts and being girly sometimes.
    But never mind that, I'm here to ask about names! Male [or gender neutral] names. My male [or gender neutral] name to be specific. This has been one of the hardest things to choose, like oh gosh. What are your guys' opinion on the names below?

•Lucas - the name I was going to be given if I had been born a boy.
    •Spencer - I just really like how this one sounds, and I know boys and girls who have this name.
    •Cody - a shortened version of my nickname "Barcode". My birth name [Lili] looks like a barcode when I write it because I don't dot my i's or capitalize letters.
    •Kai - I don't think I could pull off Kai, but I just love how it sounds. Not much meaning behind me love for it though.
    •Kaelin - A few boys I know have had this name, but it seems girly too, so y'know, unisex ftw.
    •Reid - This one is different, and I haven't seen someone with this name before. And I just love it a lot.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First, on your identity thingy - flourish every bit of desire toward individuality you have. Seriously, I'll be grateful, you'll have done the world a direct service as I see it. The world needs more individuality, for individuality is in itself a virtue, the virtue of truth made corporeal in the human being. *aherm* Now where was I? Oh yes, names.

My lips aren't wobbling or anything... it's not like I have myself been going by Rebecca for half a year or so because that's what I would have been called had I been born as I gosh darn it to hell should have.

The Cody nickname thingy was really cool. : ) I like that concept.

Is Reid pronounced 'ride' or 'read'? If it's the latter, then I really like the sound of it (nyes, I like books x3 ).

3. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely love the name Spencer, and I've heard it used for both girls and boys, but it's definitely on the masculine side. Cody is a nice name, too :slight_smile:

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I loveeee the name Lucas. Also like the name Reid.

5. SnixxJuice

I really like Spencer. I don't know you (obviously) but I like the name!

6. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like spencer as a first name and reid as a middle name a actually, spencer reid, it has a nice ring to it

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Lucas and Reid as well as Cody.

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like Cody the most because it carries a meaning, same with my name. I go by Alex and to tell you the truth I could think of names that sound better but Alex has a special meaning for me. It starts with "ALE" (same as my feminine name) and the X at the end stands for my dash of non-binary and that's why I connect to it so much. Besides I like its Greek meaning. :icon_bigg

9. randomconnorcon

Spencer Reid is the name of one of my favorite characters in my favorite TV show, Criminal Minds, so that's a cool name.

---

If I were you, I would shorten the list to choose between Spencer and Cody. I really like Kai, too, and if Spencer weren't on that list that would have been one of the two choices. It just missed out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The best way I went about choosing names (for me, you don't have to) was just to try them all out. I eventually came to one on my list that just felt the most right, the most me (Theo[dore]).

10. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lucas, Spencer and Cody are my favourites from the names you listed.

11. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to be that one person to say I like Kaelin. I also like Reid too just because those names aren't as common.

12. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I think those are all really great, solid names. Even the more common ones on the list are somewhat unique too and all really good. I particularly like Kai as a gender neutral name. Perhaps, if you haven't done this, you could try out each name at different times, including when/if you feel like presenting as more feminine (Idk if that would change your feeling about the name at all, but if it could, it might be helpful to try.)

Good luck!

13. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Kaelin, Reid, and Kai are awesome names :slight_smile: They're all pretty good though. Reid/Kaelin sound the most neutral to me...