1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member w/ Deepish Question?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Zoe10, Aug 17, 2020.

?

Should I stay with my boyfriend or should I work on myself and find a woman?

1. Find a Chick

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Stay w/ Your Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zoe10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys! My name is Zoe, I'm a 20 year old bisexual female, and I'm new to LGBTQ+ chat forums. I came here because I have a question regarding my sexuality and my boyfriend that I've been struggling with. I'd prefer not to just post the question publicly, but if you're looking to help someone out send me a PM, I'd really appreciate it!

2. Really

Hey @Zoe10

Welcome to EC!

You won’t have the ability to PM other users outside of the admin/moderators until you’ve been around a bit longer but you can post in the anonymous forum if you like. Or you could pare down your story to the most important points and we can see if we can help you work things out.

Lots of good info and advice here so stick around and keep reading and posting. :}

#2 Really, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2020
  3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

As @Really said, there are a few things to note about communicating with other members on the forum:
    - You will be able to post visitor messages on other members' profiles after you make 10 posts.
    - After at least two weeks and a minimum of 50 posts, you can apply for full-membership on the forum, in order to access private messaging feature (Which is a privilege. As a regular member, you can only send and receive private messages from staff members).

You are welcome to post in the Anonymous Support and Advice sub forum, but do take a look around the rest of the forum too, as you may find some stories that you can relate to.

4. Songful

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm new here too and this information was very helpful.

5. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, my conscience got to me and I could not truly say either A or B. It depends on how you feel your relationship with your boyfriend is. If you feel he isn't supportive and would hold you back, or even if he's good to you but you simply don't see a future with him-- go for it. The only advice I can give, bisexual to bisexual, is that you DON'T have to prove your identity. You're valid, no matter who you're with.
    I hope this helps, if not feel free to shoot a message on my profile :call_me:

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

If you have any questions you can post in Help & Feed or Ask the Staff at the bottom of the forum, or get in touch with a member of staff.

#6 LostInDaydreams, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  7. usersname

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not comfortable with pm'ing you (even if I could), but I wanted to respond generally to what you have already disclosed.

You have two options and they are much more complex than your quiz.

The first option is about more than just "finding a chick". It means exploring a path that is true to who you really are. That may or may not include your boyfriend, but how will you know for sure if you aren't in a position to explore the path without having your sexuality tied to your boyfriend's?

The second option is about more than just "staying with your man". It might mean that you don't "work on yourself", which is profoundly unfair to you.

Good luck on your journey, but I can say that I found a chick, we got married, and I can't imagine not having taken the path where I worked on myself to get to where I am now.