1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jersey

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Jersey4Life, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What's the first thing that comes to your head when someone says New Jersey? I've gotten some pretty wierd responses from my neighbors down here in Georgia, and I want to know what you all think.

2. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No words come to my mind, but I get a mental image of the state, and, secondly, I think of a uniform kind of jersey.

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New Jersey?

* Its state code, NJ.
    * Jersey City.
    * Newark and Newark Int'l Airport.
    * Lots of Uruguayans.

4. SadConfusedBandGeek

haha this is odd but new jersey sounds like beef jerky LOL!!!!!!
    Sorry:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehehe but i dont know why it reminds me of that

5. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Uruguayans? Really?! Cool.

I think of Kearny, NJ, where I thought one of my exes had moved. Turned out she hadn't, but that is what I had thought until reading this thread.

6. xequar

I think of the guy that lived down the hall from me at college that was from New Jersey, or rather, Joisee, and that Jersey accent and attitude that punctuated the majority of his existence. He really was a cool person though.

7. ampthejazz

I think of my older brother's ex-girlfriend, which makes me think of surfing, because she surfs. She lives in south Jersey, and my little brother was planning on visiting her and surfing with her before my older broke up with her.

I also think of the shape of the state.

I also think of Israel. When my family went to Israel a couple summers ago, we kept hearing that Israel was about the same size as New Jersey. But one of our tour guides said something like, "Israel is often compared to New Jersey. But Israelis, ehhh... when someone relates us to New Jersey, we say 'New Jersey? Not so much like Jersey.'"

I don't know why but I found that really funny.

8. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Joisee? I've honestly never heard someone from New Jersey say that, and I certainly don't :tantrum:. It's ok though :biggrin: we do have bad accents.

9. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It reminds me of "The Sopranos", which is/was a great show...it will have it's series finale on Sunday June 10th.:icon_frow :icon_frow

10. Jim1454

I've only driven through, but I know it is sometimes the butt of jokes...

When vacationing in Mexico, the host at the resort asked a couple where they were from, and when they replied 'New Jersey', his comeback was 'Which exit?'. I'm afraid I always think of that when think of New Jersey.

11. Swimmerboy

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I think of.. food:icon_bigg those jerseys bacon type things:confused: :icon_bigg

13. Kimi

A cow........You know...one of many kind of cow.

And....many retired people...heard there are many retirement homes:la:

14. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya, which exit is very common, I was 53 by the way. I always found it funny, but some people don't. My Mom wasn't in a good mood when some guy asked her that one day and she said "why does it matter, you couldn't afford any of them." I just thought that was funny, because it was probably true.

15. justjoshoh

The traffic on a vacation with my grandparents years back. Grandma was driving I-95 from Philadelphia to Providence, RI through New Jersey and New York. We just happened to end up in New Jersey during rush hour, which our rush hour in Ohio fails to even compare with the traffic there.

Oh and a little funny thing that happened on my most recent trip to Philadelphia. A few friends and I were up in Philadelphia for a week. We were staying in a hotel and decided, that it would be cheaper to just buy the alcohol we wanted and take it back to the hotel, rather than paying the bar prices. Being Ohioans, were you can purchase alcoholic beverages at your local grocery or carry-out, stopped by a 7-11 in pursuit of alcohol. We canvassed the entire store, looking in the coolers and around aisle after aisle. We gave up and asked a guy who entered the store where we could get alcohol. He said that the state stores were closed at the time and gave us directions to one. We asked if there wasn't another grocery or carry-out in the area to buy the alcohol from. To which he replied, "This ain't New Jersey, if you wanna do something like that you gotta go over there."

16. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Grocery stores, and places like 7/11, aren't allowed to sell alcohol in their stores in New Jersey. I don't know what he was talking about.

17. justjoshoh

Well I'm glad we didn't take his advice then :wink: He was actually helpful on the other bit, of course it smelled like he might have visited the establishment himself (which could be the reason for bad New Jersey advice).

Oh and civil unions... I forgot civil unions... no big background story behind that, just that New Jersey has civil unions.

#17 justjoshoh, Jun 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  18. chrisg

New Jersey! YUCK!

That's what comes to mind, but it's usually in a joking/loving manner. Nothin' against Jersey.

19. Samus610

Well two things come to mind when I think of NJ. 1st is Bruce springsteen! BRUCE IS THE MAN:thumbsup: . And 2nd is LBI which is the coolest place in the world.:icon_bigg

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My friends Kevin (aka Kevykins) and Charlie.