1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here and newly outish

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bodhi, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Bodhi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well hello everyone! My name is Bodhi and I am new here. I have recently gone through a LOT of life changes and one of those is coming out to some people that I know. I was raised in a VERY strictly Baptist household and therefore I am still not out to a lot of people. At one point I came out to my mother and that went about as well as you think that might have. That led to a lifetime of hiding and doing things to please her, but that is a post for a different time. I am looking to make friends as I have recently been advised to do so by my therapist. She suggested I do so online first because I have incredibly horrible social anxiety so here I am! Well that is about all I am going to divulge at the moment, I hope this finds you all very well and I hope that you all have a very good day!

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Well done on your progress so far. It must have been really difficult.

3. Songful

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, Bodhi! I’m new here, but I hope this online community has been helpful to you.

4. Irena

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, Bodhi!
    I am really glad that you are here. I hope that EC will help you to find many friends :slight_smile:
    It is great that you are seeing a therapist, I think that therapy is a unique and helpful experience for everyone, even those who seem to have no struggles in life. It is always good to know ourselves better, and therapy is one of the ways to achieve this.
    And also, I am really glad you've made a step forward to finding friends. It is not easy to battle our fears, I also struggle with anxiety. So I know what you are going through and I think that you are a very strong and brave person. I believe that you will be happier from day to day, you are doing a great job.
    Have a nice day, Bodhi! :slight_smile:

5. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Bodhi!

Congratulations on taking such a big step. I know what it’s like to try and make friends and then maintain them. Being social is SUPER SCARY for many of us!

We’ll come to terms with our sexuality and our social anxieties as a community!

Welcome!

❤️ Amz

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome! You are totally in the right place. I encourage you to jump into the discussions, share whatever feel right, and just go from there. :slight_smile:

7. KevCO

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome, I'm always glad to see people taking a step forward and out of their comfort zone. The world of the gays etc. can look like chaos from the outside, I hope it becomes an awesome home and your family will someday get to see that. If not you can still enjoy all the color here.

8. PeterWI

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey there, I'm also new, saw your thread, and wanted to give a shout-out to another social anxiety sufferer. I can also relate to hostile family members, and I also like your user name since I'm an avid meditator. I hope things get better for you soon and that you make friends and get more comfortable with yourself. :slight_smile: