1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Here and Lookin for Assistance!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by HowYouDoin, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HowYouDoin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, y'all! This is my first post here and my first time ever on an lgbtq+ forum and I have a little issue I need help with: I realized a loooong time ago that I liked girls (I'm female). I identified myself as bisexual for a while and told my parents. They were super chill about it and told me that they didn't care, but I've realized as of late that I don't have any attraction to guys and was just kinda trying to convince myself I did... I spoke to my dad about potentially marrying or living with a girl and he was a little conflicted. He told me that I shouldn't give up on guys because "there's no feeling like being a mother and living with the father of your child." I told him that I never plan on carrying a child and he just looked at me like I was crazy. So I guess my question is how to make him (and my mom) understand that I'm a big old lesbian and don't ever want to get pregnant or birth a child? If I ever have a child I would like to either adopt or, ONLY if she absolutely wants to, my girlfriend/wife carry the child. I'm not writing off children as a possibility, I just don't want to carry one myself. SOS, guys!!

2. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all. I’m not sure he really knows the feeling of being a mother and living with the father of your child. - He’s not a mother and he doesn’t live with the father of his child.

But aside from that, me too! I have no attraction to men at all! I was convinced I was Bi for so long and then, I guess I just found myself becoming more and more attracted to women and there was NOTHING towards men. I came out as Bi years ago, but just recently during the summer I came out as gay to my immediate family and they were super supportive.

Although it’s hard, never let anyone tell you who you should or shouldn’t be attracted to. And never let anyone tell you that your decisions are wrong. You are who you are and that’s so important!

❤️ Amz ❤️

3. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, we are glad you found us and hope we can ease some of your burden. I have one son and he does not want children ever (straight). So, I can kind of understand your father’s dilemma. One of the best parts of being a parent is watching your child “glow up” and finding their place in the world. And, just because our children reach a certain age it does not mean we are done, we have hopes and dreams for what you will accomplish. One very typical dream for parents is to wonder about what their grandchildren will be like. It is difficult to hear from your kid that they don’t see that future for themselves.
    It sounds like you have a support system all ready which puts you ahead of the game! Give your family time, please. Let them reconcile the dreams they have held on to for you over to the dreams you have yourself.
    Also, give your Dad a hug and let him know (if true) that it is not because of anything he did that has made your decision. As you need his support the same is true.
    Keep us in the know
    ((momhugs))