1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New front page, resources, news and member info

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Strange. That's exactly what most people use and is what I use at work (Vista at home).

Do you have some internet security software or something that highlights or blocks adverts installed? Maybe it thinks the top banner is an advert because the path to the images contains /banner/. You would need to tell it that EC is OK.

2. Defraction

Nope... I've seen other ads and stuff not being blocked so I doubt that. Although I'm using VM's PCGuard *gasps* so unless that's doing something (though I had a look and it says nothing - it's anti-virus/spyware) I dunno what the problem is. :confused:

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It seems like something to do with either your connection or security software as it does the same with both browsers. I don't know what else to suggest. What internet company do you use? Is anyone else having this?

It now shows people who have been here in the last 14 days and have at least 20 posts. It will still have a few hundred members to choose from, and they will be the more interesting and recently active ones. The 20 post threshold stops it showing people who have spammed their way to 10 posts (or a bit over) just for the chatroom.

That's now fixed.

4. Defraction

I use Virgin Media. They have their own anti-virus called PCGuard which seems to do the job, but I don't recall much changing after installing it (I used AVG before then) and there doesn't seem to be an option to block ads and stuff. I have no problems with other websites or this one - just the "banner".

It's not really a problem for me. Just putting it out there in case there was something wrong with the forum, but if it's just me then don't worry about it. :grin:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has it, and if there is a common factor such as the same ISP or the same security software.

6. Astaroth

I'm enjoying the new layout, Paul! Very nice and smooth-looking. :icon_bigg

7. DJ Sweetz

I like the new layout, but yea..... I got the same problem, banner's all grey-ed out......

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Is that any better now? I renamed the folder from /banner/ to /top/ (and changed the templates to suit) in case any content filtering stuff assumed banner = advert.

9. Defraction

Yep, can see it now. There must be something blocking it over here then. ¬_¬

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent! :slight_smile:

Yep, it must have been something blocking adverts on the basis of one of the folders being named "banner". Fairly dumb advert filtering logic IMO, but this is Virgin!

11. DJ Sweetz

yay I can see the banner now!!!!

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent! I'm glad that problem is sorted. :slight_smile: