1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and a little terrifed

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Rezez, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Rezez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all!

Just signed up. Feeling a bit out of my depth. I'm 38 and finally dealing with the sexuality question. Not whether I'm gay (I've known that for a long time) but with the religious side of things. To this point, I've preferred to ignore this side of life and stay single but it's getting harder to do. Time to deal with the subject rather than put it off for another decade. I'm sure others here have been where I am now.

I'm not here to talk about that though (just giving background) as that's for me to work out. My doctor suggested that in addition to trying to sort out my beliefs that I also reach out and just chat to people. No pressure, no expectations - granted she suggested I do that on a dating website but that idea is just too daunting so here I am. To have a chat, maybe some laughs.

2. Lesbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Rezez! Glad you're joining us!

I know you said you're not here to talk about that, but you got me interested. Do you have existing religious beliefs that conflict with your sexuality, and that's why you've preferred to stay single?

I hope whatever your beliefs are or may become, that you know it doesn't have to be either-or. I hope you find peace with your beliefs and that the right person comes along who just fits right in with them and you.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Rezez.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! I too had a difficult time resolving my sexuality with my faith when I came out. I've done a great deal of research on the topic and would be willing to share it with you...if you would like. Let me know if you want it and I will gladly post it here for you! :old_big_grin: We will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Rezez and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

5. ginifiro

Gender Pronoun: