1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Thought I'd be Here

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Angus44, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before I get into this post I just wanted to say how happy I am to be where I am today. I mean, only two years ago I was still trying to convince myself I was straight, and now here I am trying to get a boyfriend. This was, in no small part, due to all you wonderful people here on EC. Thank you! :slight_smile:

So here's the situation: there's this guy I like and he's definitely gay (for once). The only problem is I don't know if he likes me, but think the shortcomings are mostly on my side of things. The thing is, throughout my life, all my plutonic friends have only ever been guys, so when I try to talk to him I think it comes off as very straight and plutonic. This works against me especially because all his friends are girls and he seems to have trouble having longer conversations with straight guys. Here's some additional information to clarify things:
    1. He knows I'm not straight
    2. We both swim and play water polo (that's how I met him)
    3. We have had quite a few conversations but they never go anywhere
    4. We don't really hang out outside of sports
    Anyway, I know the obvious answer would be to tell him how I feel, but I not sure I could work up the courage to do so. This was mostly just to vent but any ideas would be appreciated!
    -Gus

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Gus,

So, it mostly sounds like you are just shy/unsure. Since you said that you know that he's gay and he knows that you aren't straight (how does he know that?), it seems that your problem right now is approaching him to show your romantic/sexual interest in him. Correct?

Are you interested in making him a boyfriend (as you said) or are you more interested in just hooking up with him at the moment? Either way, right now, the first question is: does he currently have a boyfriend? If you can't ask around to find that out indirectly, the best way is to ask him directly. AND asking him directly would also imply that you have some interest in him, as well.

#2 Quantumreality, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe see about hanging out one on one and just see where it goes? You don't have to make it a date or tell him you like him, just get a chance to be together and see what develops