1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by TreeTurtle137, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TreeTurtle137

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's only been one woman really that I can say I ever loved. Of course there's been others, but just one that I really fell for. We ended up going through a lot together.

We never became an item though...even though I had expressed my feelings for her, she hinted and tried but we never met in the middle, and then we stopped speaking all together after a big argument 2.5 years ago.

Recently I heard from her. We've had very occasional exchanges since ending our friendship, and they've all been superficial. This time though she wrote to apologize - specifically for not appreciating me.

We are having dinner Sunday evening and I'm pretty nervous.

I know I can't have any hope whatsoever but I also know that I've never fallen so deeply for someone before and I doubt anything has changed from my side.

Has anyone ever been through anything like this?

I had honestly felt that we would end up together. I felt the strongest connection to her. Then these past 2.5 years have just been spent trying to let go...

I hope I can cope seeing her again!

#1 TreeTurtle137, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe try to turn your feelings of nervousness into excitement? You can think of this as a great way to reconnect with her! You never know what might happen now. And even if it doesn't work out exactly how you want it to, at least you got to see her again, right?

3. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with trying to reconnect. If you do nothing you learn nothing. Maybe something good will come of this.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'd say she obviously likes you too otherwise why bother to reconnect after all this time. I don't want to get your hopes up too much but I think there is definitely room for optimism. I mean what do you have to lose.

5. TreeTurtle137

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your responses. I met up with POI. I cannot tell what she wants. Maybe she's just lonely? She seems a bit lonely. Good thing is my feelings aren't as intense as they once were so maybe I can just go with the flow on this and let things take their natural course. Im sort of thinking if it's meant to be it will be

RJay likes this.