1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous about the topic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by badger, Jul 4, 2015.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because I'm in the middle (more the beginning) of the coming out process, I feel extremely weird when people talk about LGBTQ things around me. People who don't even know I am struggling with it, whenever something is brought up on the topic I get nervous and anxious, either they might ask me. I'm not sure but it just makes me nervous. Anyway, is that normal? Do people feel weird when other talk about the subject when you are going through it?

2. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're certainly not alone. I feel very uncomfortable and anxious when my parents talk about anything LGBT related. And I can't throw in my two cents on the matter, because I'm worried they'll find my strong opinions suspicious. It feels like at any second they'll look my way and interrogate me about my sexuality.

3. Formality

Yes I used to get very uncomfortable and nervous when someone brought up either that or relationships. But since I've come out to a few I've started being very open about my stance on the matter. Nowadays I always try to give my two cents on the subject whenever it comes up, even though I'm not completely out. I've even managed to sway my brothers opinion on same sex parents "yay!".