1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbor won't speak

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Incognito10, May 11, 2015.

1. Incognito10

My neighbor not only won't give a simple "hello" she actually avoids looking my direction and has actually turned around and walked in when she sees that I am outside. At first, I considered it coincidence, but I have lived in the house 3 years and she moved in maybe 2 years ago. She is constantly outside with her young children and she will say "Come on, lets go in." if I am outside, even if it is just me getting out of my car and it is actually starting to really offend me because she talks to other neighbors. I am not asking to be friends with her, but being that our homes are probably 15 steps from each other and we share a driveway, it is really awkward to not even have my existence acknowledged. She randomly added everyone on her FB page in the community HOA, so I saw her age and she is the same age as me (not that this is relevant but perhaps making it more bizarre to me because we are peers in terms of age). Oddly, her husband has no issues saying "hello." And no, I haven't done anything I can think of to make this lady act the way she does or offend in anyway.

2. GayDadStr8Marig

Instead of being offended, look at her actions as a pitiable manifestation of some internal and/or misplaced maternal homophobia... (think along the lines of how society used to program people to regard homosexuals as predators and child molesters; those lines of thought still exist despite professional teachings and empirical evidence to the contrary).

The fact her husband is gracious enough to engage a simple social courtesy of greetings reinforces that it is her issue. It is a reflection of her values, not your value as a person. I feel sorry for those kids as it won't be long until they are able to "connect the dots" when mom hurries them into the house upon your presence... I wonder if the kids are around to see their dad treating your with common decency to draw the comparison?