1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some one opinion

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ebony, Aug 27, 2022.

?

Am I bigender

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have been bigender for a good month to 2 month but I really never felt any gender dysmorphia. I think I’m bigender but I don’t really know I’m into female stuff like art theater I want to where make up and earrings grow out my hair but I also like male stuff like play hockey video games male clothing my moms say I am a male but what do you people think.

DragonChaser likes this.
  2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The idea that theater and make-up are "female things" and hockey and video games are "male things" is just stereotypes. You're allowed to like the things you like regardless of gender. And not everyone experiences gender dysphoria.

DragonChaser and bambibat like this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ebony.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

*****When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

DragonChaser likes this.
  4. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you so much it has been hard lately I kinda feel lost my parent think I am going threw a phase and my brother thinks bigender is stupid and again thank you so much.

DragonChaser likes this.
  5. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Also where could I find these sub forums

DragonChaser likes this.
  6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you even need a label? Why can't you just be a person that loves the theatre and video games? It is allowed, you know.

DragonChaser likes this.
  7. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like theater, music, and most of what would be considered the fine arts. I also like the outdoors, camping, hiking, learning woodcraft (how to live off the land). I have acted on stage, in musicals, drama and comedy, sung at Disneyland in a show choir and taken awards for singing solo. I can also sew pretty damn well and cook without killing people. I have also been a mechanical operator for over thirty years in nuclear and geothermal power plants as well as building management. I enjoy BBQ, bullshitting with the guys drinking beer and telling tall tales, arm wrestling, shooting targets, and throwing sharp objects. I have enjoyed all of what I have listed and have done much more.

What I am getting at is there really is no gender to any of the above. I have seen masculine and feminine in all. I am not saying you do not feel masculine or feminine, just be careful of thinking heteronormatively about occupations, hobbies, sports, etc. Be you, whether that is masculine, feminine, both, or neither. If you find a label that can describe you, great. If not, no sweat. Be you!

I would think it would be a bonus to keep your brother on his toes anyway. To hell with what he thinks and if you can stimulate him thinking, maybe that is something good. Just sayin' :grin:

Peace!

DragonChaser likes this.
  8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ebony.....When you log into Empty Closets, as you scroll down a bit, you will see; "Welcome Area", "General Chat" and then the "Support Area". Many of the forums that are there to help members are in the "Support Area". The "Gender and Identity Expression" sub-forum is in the "Support Area". Hope that helps! I just now noticed your age...sorry that I missed that. If you don't mind me asking (you don't have to answer), are you out to your parents? I have some other posts that I can send to you that might be helpful if this is a problem for you...just let me know...no pressure...I promise! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#8 quebec, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    DragonChaser likes this.
  9. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    yes I am out to my parents and sorry for explaining it bad in my post I really could of explained it better about my feelings of being bigender not just the stuff I like

DragonChaser likes this.
  10. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No worries. Never be sorry for expressing yourself in your words. It is hard enough as it is to come up with adequate words for our feelings, let alone have everyone understand them. Hell, half the time I have trouble writing what I need to write in a way that makes sense to me and to others. That is why I appreciate the questions and back and forth nature of helping each other here. We all help each other here as best we can. It isn't perfect, but nothing is. I look forward to getting to know you in the forums here. You are among friends.

DragonChaser likes this.
  11. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think finding out who you are first and then worrying about labels after is the best route. You don't have to love everything about conventional womanhood to find femininity appealing. I don't. I love silly action movies and violent cartoons and shooter video games and heavy heavy metal, but I still have the heart of a woman and it guides me truer than the one I was led to believe I had.

Just my experience. I can't tell you who you are, beyond that you are accepted here regardless of who that may be.

Sending hugs! ^_^

Isbjorn likes this.