1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need one friends and advice on coming out.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MLee12, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MLee12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    my name is Morgan. I have finally accepted the fact that i am bisexual after 2 years of questioning. a lot of my best friends are lgbtq+, but all of them think of me as the "straight girl" in our group. it kind of hurts that my friends just assume I'm straight, but at the same time i really don't think im ready for any of them to know. i guess its the fact that once i come out to them, i have to come out to my family too. its hard to think about that because a lot of my closest family members are homophobic. i would really appreciate some advice on coming out, and some new friends maybe?

2. AshdeD32

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Morgan. I feel you in this situation. A few of my teammates were talking about who is what on our team. And they never said me. One of the girls said "I'm just alone." I really want to come out to the few girls on my team that I hangout with during game days. But I am afraid of what they'll say. Maybe we could talk about this more. I'd really like some help too. Maybe we could help each other.

3. MLee12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thank you for responding, I really appreciate it. im really glad that there are people who can relate to my situation. I would really like to talk more in the future.

4. Tessia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Morgan! Just wanted to tell you that I questioned and did everything in my power to try and not be gay for 2 years but half of the journey is learning to accept the fact that you’re bi and people can suck it up and deal with it. Trust me, it gets easier once you come out

5. Tessia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But hey I’m sending off an email to my mom tomorrow that explains bisexual and a recent fuck up I had- it’s how I’m coming out

6. MLee12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks. Its good to know im not the only one who's had to pretend to be straight for so long. Sorry it took so long to reply. I hope it all went well with your mom.

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Morgan.....Hello and a very big welcome to empty closets! There are some sample Coming Out letters here on empty closets that you might want to look at. Go to the login page...but don't login. At the top there are links...click on Resources. That will take you to a page with a box on the left. In that box you will see a Coming Out Letters link. I'm glad that you have found us!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. Anice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi morgan im new to this group too. Been out to some of my close friends and workmates and sister but my mom is still in denial. Actually i didnt came out to her yet but i think she knows

9. MLee12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi anice. I'm sorry If your mom doesnt support you. That must be really hard. I'm also trying to come out to my dad but i don't think he knows I'm bisexual.