1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help supporting a friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Paigez, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Paigez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, basically I’m going to delete this soon but my best friend is quite distraught atm. I feel bad coming to the internet for help but I’m just not sure. I can usually support her but in this situation I’m stuck. Essentially she read the lesbian master doc and now she hates herself, she doesn’t want to think that way and I quote “I just want to be fucking normal” she hates herself and she thinks she awful for feeling that way. What is the best way to support her. She knows I’m here for her and that I’ve been through a similar thing but I just can’t find the right words. I don’t want to tell her it’s okay to be gay because I know that not what she needs to here right now - even if that is true. Please help me support her the right way :slight_smile:) thank you again

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Paigez,

Being there for her is the biggest. Reminding her of that by your physical presence (in whatever COVID-safe way is allowed in your area), by texts and calls. Next is finding out the suicide support line. Let her know people all over the world go through questions and struggles - let her know about Empty Closets. Thanks for being a friend.

BradThePug likes this.