1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by DL12, May 4, 2020.

1. DL12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m a divorced man and was married for many years to a women. Although not so recently (for many years), I realized I have been attracted to men all along. I’m looking for ways to explore my sexuality. Of course in this day and age it is difficult being at home all the time.

Are there any apps you all would suggest or any avenues you believe I should take for further exploration?

I would appreciate any comments you can provide.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meeting people is definitely the way to go, to explore your sexuality and getting to know yourself. Apps is one way to do it, especially right now, with the global pandemic and quarantine situations worldwide. Most of the apps out there function in the same way. Some apps have more features for free, whereas you might need to pay for them in other apps. That's the main difference I can think of.

In my opinion, it's more to do with the kind of people you meet on the apps. I'd encourage you, if you have the time, interest and energy; to go onto the application store on your phone and browse through all the dating apps you can find, read the reviews, download the ones that catch your eye, sign up and look at the crowd around you. Since most of the dating apps out there are location based, you might end up seeing the same, similar, familiar faces on most of the apps, ha ha. It's more of engagement. I stick to one or two apps, because most of the people around me are active on them. :slight_smile:.
    /
    Once the world is back to a better shape, maybe you can explore the LGBT scene in your town/city? Bars, Pubs, Theatres, Cinema, Clubs?

3. DL12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you, I appreciate it.