1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kamokidd10, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kamokidd10

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm gay, but I don't know how to come out or even bring it up to a family member, I know they would be fine with it but how do you bring it up randomly. I'm not one to have a lot of serious conversations so this is particularly difficult...And any advice on not getting choked up, anytime I think about it I get really nervous.:bang: any advice is helpful, thanks

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

You could come out without speaking, e.g. show a family member something that shows you're gay. if you want to come out verbally, think about how you might link it to something else so it doesn't seem so random - better still (if you can) seize an opportunity on an impulse and just come out spontaneously.
    Spontaneously was how I came out to my younger brother - he said something LGBT-relevant and I just came out there and then.

Hope it goes well. Hope I helped too :slight_smile:

3. Kamokidd10

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Update: Everything went well, both supportive, feel a bit sick to my stomach but happy anyways lol

4. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations! I imagine it's a great feeling.