1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PhoenixOfAshes, Jun 14, 2015.

1. PhoenixOfAshes

So my girlfriend and I of 4 years or so have had a hell of a roller coaster of a relationship. I was heavily suicidal for the first year or so of our relationship, and since then I've gotten so much better, but she's been in and out of hospitals for suicide attempts, and her life is a living hell.

But I love her more than anything in this world. The first time she went, we talked about everything, I helped her through the things that her family members just couldn't help with and we were there for each other every step of the way... She's my rock. When she's in trouble, or in pain, I become her rock. That's how things have always been with us. But she's in the hospital again and she's not letting me do that this time. I'm scared that she might be feeling as if she doesn't want me there anymore, maybe I'm annoying her, or I'm putting more burden on her than I did in the past... and I feel like it would be too unfair of me to bring up my feelings while she's not doing too well, but I need to know if we're okay or not?

Does anyone have any advice? Should I just wait until she's out of the hospital and starting to feel a bit more like herself? or should I bring it up sooner, even though I feel like it would be selfish? :confused::bang::help:

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think waiting may be the best thing. Depression does strange things to people. She might be telling herself that she's being a burden on you, that supporting her is making your life more difficult. That's not true, but the depression might be making her believe things she wouldn't normally believe. She may want you, but be unable to get through to you because of all the negative emotions in her mind.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope both of you can work through this. Being in a serious relationship takes a lot of strength, but it sounds like you care about her a lot.