1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice: Meeting my online date for the first time.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FindingMe7, Dec 16, 2020.

1. FindingMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met a wonderful girl online and we have such an amazing connection. Without getting too detailed, she is flying in next month and I have a beautiful place for us to stay over a long weekend. This is the first time I have ever been on a date with a girl, let alone spending a weekend with one.

I want it to be romantic. Should I buy flowers and have them at the airport when I pick her up? Should I have something really nice in the bedroom of the place we are going to stay?

Also is any type of supplies or prep work I need to do regarding intimacy?

Any ideas would be amazing and appreciated.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations both on finding someone and that both of you must live in states that are not currently in shutdown.

If where you live this would not put you in danger from someone observing you the flowers might be nice (you do know that she is not allergic I hope). If being public about meeting someone this way could endanger you then having the flowers (maybe with champagne) where you are going to stay would be better. What you have there should be something that is good for both of you - so if either is reactive to a certain flower choose something else, if either does not drink adult beverages then have sparkling apple cider, maybe a light snack especially if the flight is long. I always love a long bath, if the tub is large enough bath salts and a soak for both of you could be nice.

Supplies = dental dams at least. If you use toys and are going to share then condoms also.
    Prep = freshly showered and use or not use scents depending on both of your preferences and/or allergies.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. FindingMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @QuietPeace Thank you so much for all your help and ideas. Yes we are both in states that are not shut down so we are very fortunate in that regard. Another good thing is the airport and the place we are staying is in an area that is LGBT supportive and a place that no one know us. I'm not out and she is somewhat. You gave me a great idea when you said light snack. I can get a nice wine and have a small charcuterie board in the room.

Also thank you for telling me about the dental dams and I thought after her long flight she may want to hope in the shower together so that would take care of some of the prep work. lol!!

4. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This post is adorable.
    Flowers would be a nice gesture at the airport and would make a great first impression. If you drink maybe a nice bottle of wine would be appreciated. If you are a non-drinker than maybe just water or something non-alcoholic to drink. For intimacy prep, definitely shower beforehand. Toys should be cleaned and not out in the open at first. Lubricant may be necessary, just plain. Protection is a good idea like dental dams. Towels are great. Massage oil and a little music. Have fun!

FindingMe7 likes this.
  5. FindingMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you!! I like the idea of massage oils and music. I'm going to work on a good playlist of music to set the mood. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

6. Really

Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile::tulip:

FindingMe7 and LostInDaydreams like this.
  7. FindingMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I most certainly will. :slight_smile:

8. FindingMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wanted to give you guys an update. We had the most amazing weekend together. For the first time in my life everything felt right. No awkwardness, no doubt, no insecurities. The connection we have is wonderful and I can't wait until we can get together again. This has been what I have been missing my entire life. All those times trying to date men and be intimate with men and it all going wrong, thinking I was broken and there was something wrong with me. This past weekend completely opened my eyes that I was just with the wrong gender the whole time.

Ferl likes this.
  9. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is great news, I am happy for you that things went so well both with her and with your self discovery.

FindingMe7 likes this.