1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My straight guy best friend confuses me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darkrainbow23, Jun 5, 2016.

1. darkrainbow23

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have fallen for my straight guy best friend
    Hello this is my first time using a forum to express my feelings whereas I generally use the people around me, but since no one is giving me the exact advice I need I thought it necessary to come here. Anyway let's get down to it. I am currently 20 years old and am going to a vocational school. I have been going here for 5 months and met a lot of friends and people all over my state. One guy in particular stood out he is 19 and lives like 2 hours away from me. He is straight ( from what he told me) and I am bi leaning towards gay. At first we felt nervous around each other like I thought he was sketchy at first then one day we started talking and found out we have a lot in common. He became my best friend, then I started to develop feelings for him and told him that I liked him a lot and he replied with "I'm not gay." and that was that, but he started to do things that confused me like getting real close to me sometimes, telling me to go with him wherever he was going, and occasionally he would use something that was cylindrical in nature as a fake penis and pretend to ejaculate on me and even told me his penis was hard on multiple occasions. My reply to that statement was "Why are you telling me that?" and his reply to that was "Just to irritate you." He jokes around with my sexuality a lot mentioning things such as you are the one who likes penis etc. I miss him a lot now that he has completed but he wants to hang out at some point and get a hotel together and have a minor party. All these things brought to my mind if he was curious or not so I asked him and he responded with "I'm straight and new rule don't bring up this topic again." Which makes me wonder if he is uncertain about it since he was so defensive. Please help

2. ConverseCody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    His behaviour does sound a bit strange. If he has flatly responded that he is not gay and does not like guys then maybe you should just go with that and not hold out for any sort of romance with him.

If he is gay and does like you then he is clearly not not very accepting of his feelings. It may be that he just needs time to accept himself.

My advice is that if you miss him and enjoy his company then continue being friends :slight_smile:

#2 ConverseCody, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. faustian1

Well, he could be just one of those straight guys who likes to joke around using the area of sexual attraction which he knows you have toward guys. It's probably good natured, and it could even be coming from at least a subconscious curiosity toward being gay. However, while all this could be true, he also may not be the type of person who would be comfortable having a "bromance" with another guy. This might also be called a "close friendship" or a trusting relationship.

If he exhibits boundaries in other ways that seem normal, then I think it may be a long shot that you could get something going with him the way you may be thinking. In the same way a lot of straight women like to be around gay guys because they are non-threatening and safe to be candid with, I think a lot of straight guys like to be around gay guys, because they like the more relaxed kind of communication that is possible with them.

So he could be just another open-minded straight guy, who doesn't mind the idea of having gay friends.

Perhaps the only way you're going to find out what he thinks is to ask him if he ever has considered, even for a moment, having a romantic relationship with another guy. The only way you'll ever get a serious answer to a very personal question like this will be if you both have been comfortable discussing uncomfortable subjects in the past.

I think most of the time, you'll be right most often if you take people like him at their word, when they say they're not attracted to guys. Sorry, but this is a tough situation and you'll see it a lot here.

4. darkrainbow23

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will continue to be his friend regardless of what happens and accepted it when he said he is not gay, but he's the one who confuses me and he's the one who makes sexual innuendos. I like him, but have already accepted being close friends.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had this straight friend for over six years and when I came out to him, he was pretty accepting and did not stop hanging around me. However, what I began to notice is that he began to wear pretty tight clothing. For instance, he would wear really tight jeans and they were so tight that it appears as if he had no underwear on because you could see his ass print really well. Or when he wore shorts, they always were really tight and the length stopped just a little bit over the bottom of his ass cheeks.

I remember a female co-worker of mine had ran into us one night at happy hour at one of the local straight hangouts and she pulled me over to the side and asked me if he was gay. When I replied that he wasn't and why she asked...she said that those shorts are so small and tight that you would not see a straight guy in them and then she started to giggle.

Anyway, not too long after that conversation, he began to flirt with me a lot when ever he and I were alone. There were times when he would come to my home and if I went into the kitchen to grab some drinks from the fridge, he would follow me and would grab my waist and rub his crotch up against me. Many times after he would do these things, he would start laughing and say...you know I'm just playing with you, so don't think anything is going to happen. Honestly, although I was very attracted to him and found him incredibly sexy especially when he wore his little tight clothing because he has such a great body. I decided that I would not give in to his little advances because although after awhile, I began to see what others were telling me about him in regard to he does want to have sex with me. Nonetheless, I started to feel if something happened between us, he would not want to continue having a friendship with me. One night, he really took things far beyond what I could ever imagine. During one of his evening visits, I was on the phone and told him to make himself comfortable. For some reason, he seemed a little annoyed that I was on the phone talking to a guy. After the call ended, I excused myself to the bathroom and when I came back, he was sprawled out in my Lazy Boy lounge chair butt naked with his legs wide open, stroking his c**k.

Needless to say, my mouth dropped open and then when I composed myself, I asked what was he doing. He just started grinning like the devil himself and began talking dirty talk still stroking himself. There was a moment where I started to take off my clothes and have sex with him. However, I kept hearing this voice telling me.."Don't do it...it will not end well". I even ignore the voice a few times and started to take off my shirt....when that voice came this time really strong..but this time I followed the voice advice and just went up to him, grabbed him and gave him a kiss. He must have read the vibes I was giving out because he jumped up and seemed really upset and started putting his clothes back on in a rush. Then he told me that he was just pulling my chain and wanted to see how far I was going to go. He started laughing as if he was trying to disguise his real feelings for which he took my actions as rejection. When he was going out the door, I grabbed his arm and told him to come back and sit so that we could talk about it...but he refused and ran to his car upset.

Later that evening, I made several attempts to call him but he would not answer and let it go into voice mail. Unfortunately, since that incident, we stopped hanging out together, he stopped all contact with me as if we were never friends. I had ran into him a few times while hanging out with my straight friends but he would go the other way or do his best to ignore me altogether. I even seen him a couple of times with women and really gave me the cold shoulder. The last time I saw him was while we were both in our cars at a traffic light stop. At first, he did not notice me until he looked over and then he just stared at me for a minute..but did not speak even though I did.

Everyone experiences with straight men is different and I have had some experiences with some straight guys which I will not get into at this time...but just to give you another point of view on the matter, I just wanted to share this story with you.