1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bitemvrks, Sep 3, 2017.

1. bitemvrks

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so here's my coming out story, it's gonna be really messy and disorganized so just be warned in advance.

There's also minor swearing, if that matters.

I first started questioning my sexuality in 6th grade (about 4 years ago). I found myself developing feelings for this girl in my grade, who I'll call Nora for the sake of anonymity. She was absolutely beautiful, and the smallest interactions we had just had me feeling even more for her. It started out as pining, staring, and just a general crush. I didn't tell her or anything, or even really understand that it was possible to like girls and boys at the same time, so I assumed I was gay.

Fast forward a couple weeks after the crush started, and it was a break from school. Me and my dad went on a road trip to California, and while we were parked for a break from driving, I decided to tell him. He seemed kind of upset at first but was accepting of it. Years later he told me that he was bisexual and that he was mad at himself initially and thought that he wasn't hiding it good enough and that that was why he was upset.

Anyway, fast forward again, one week later, I was feeling brave and decided to message Nora on Facebook. We talked regularly, just friendly chats for about a week, and then I finally told her I had a crush on her. That was when shit hit the fan.

She told all her friends, I was bullied online and in school, and I basically hit the lowest point in my life I've ever been. We eventually got into a fight on Facebook and I reported it to the principal, leading to the eventual end of that whole situation. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done by then and I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder as well as GAD. It took years of therapy and antidepressants to get my self esteem and general mental health back on track.

Fast forward once again to 9th grade (1 year ago). I joined an LGBT club at my school, and learned a lot more about sexuality and gender etc. I started questioning my gender and for a few months I identified as non-binary/genderfluid and went by they/them pronouns. I even chose a new name, "Zee". I only came out a month or two ago to my dad and siblings, and my dad was a complete dick about it. He continues to express whenever we get into a fight about it that, I am his daughter and that I am a girl. He even pulled the "I have your birth certificate, you are a girl" card. To this day, he is not fully accepting of my gender, which sucks, but oh well what can you do.

Anyway, I currently am a panromantic homo/possibly demisexual and unsure gendered human. I don't have a stable name as of now, but anyway, that's my story.

Sorry this post is so long, I just wanted to get the full thing out. Thanks for reading!