1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister and I want to come out to our parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anna96, Dec 29, 2016.

1. anna96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was coming up with New Years resolutions and my sister and I have made ours to come out to our parents. I am out to her and a few other friends already. I am bisexual and want to be able to date/meet girls as well without hiding it from my parents. She is asexual but romantically attracted to girls as well. Does anyone have any inspiring stories or any advice to help us?

2. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You both seem like your ready to come out so I would say just go for it! If its safe for you to come out to your parents just sit them down and talk it out. When I came out to my cousin she already knew, although Im not out to my mom I think she does as well since she's been asking me. So your parents may or may not be shocked by the news depending on how obvious you make it! When coming out just be ready to answer a lot of questions and perhaps have some resources your parents can read. For some its quite an adjustment to find out their kids are LGBTQ+. Anyway, im sure it will go as planned good luck!