1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My outting and how it went and is going

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Fluffy PJ, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Fluffy PJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My biggest suggestion is once you are honest about who you are you need to be honest about everything you wer hiding from everything. Remove the mask. It will sting for a while. My ex was very hurt by my outing. Ten yeas ago I got caught viewing gay web sites. I lied my way out by saying I was just courious. Again still lying to my self like I had since high school. August 2016.....I got caught again. Enough was enough. I finally admited to my self and my family. The ex was angry and hurt do not talk to me unless it involved the kids. and the answers were shot and brief.

To add more stress the this Labor Day weekend I was going to tell my mom,
    She fell ill and was air lifted to an out of state hospital. 4 hours away from me. The drives gave me time to think about my life and what I had done.
    I was gay and I need to admit it to my self family and friends. Mom never found out. Mom was admired labor day weekend with 4?brain tumors and stage 4 lung cancer. She passed away day after thanksgiving. The ex and the kids were there for me.

She got over the anger and said to he did not hate me. We decided to stay together for our 14 year old
    I live in the bacement and we go on with ours lives. The 14 year old was anger and hurt to the point of complete disrespect. We found a the therapist and that helped. The therapist told the x she can’t keep this broken family together and fix all of its relationship. We talked to each other calmly now yelling no disrespect. Talked to the 14 year old and ask what he wanted to do about living arrangementshe suggested 50/50 split time. We found lawyers. Started the prosses. Papers were sent now we wait for county offers and claims. And we are moving on. We already had pland a Disney trip and so far it is still on.

Be open be honest it does not need to be hostile.

I hope this helps someone out here on EC.

bearheart likes this.
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going through a divorce at the moments. Being open and honest is making the process a lot less painful. Also cheaper, we need one solicitor just to rubber stamp everything. We also will have the added advantage of still being best friends.

The big OMG thing is not having to watch everything I say.

Enjoy Disneyland and may the rest of your life be a fairy tail.