1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Only Fear About Coming Out is Being Wrong...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LoyalGryffindor, Apr 10, 2017.

1. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to come out as gay, but I am terrified that I'll realize I was wrong and I'm really bi or straight. I've never been in a relationship, I've never kissed anyone, I've never had a crush in person (I check out girls sometimes)...but in my heart, I "know" I'm gay.
    I've been questioning my sexuality for a year and a half now. After coming out to myself as queer and accepting that I am attracted to women, I've been feeling more and more like I identify w the label "gay".

Idk...I'm not homophobic, myself and my family are openly supportive of gay rights, I have a lot of friends who are queer..It's not that I don't want to be gay, I'm just afraid of being wrong.

2. Najlen

It's ok if you end up being wrong. It sounds like you're pretty sure, and if you're ready to come out it's your decision. Go with what feels right. But if later you realize that you were wrong, it's ok. I originally came out as lesbian and that's totally changed- due to a variety of factors I was unable to figure things out before, but I have now and when I came out a second time no one thought that it was weird or questioned me on it. I think if you have queer friends especially they will understand because it is confusing for a lot of people and some of them may have had similar doubts. You could also say that you think you're gay or that you're pretty sure but are still figuring it out if you want to come out but aren't ready to commit to that label.

3. Noratical98

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I've only been out about a year but I felt the same way, I was worried people would think I was being attention seeking or rude if I got it wrong. I think if you've got to the point of accepting yourself though you've probably eliminated any other possibility than being gay, even if you don't feel that way. I found coming out really solidified my identity and I lost any doubt in the process!

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No shame in that. You can just come out a second time. For some, it really is a phase (yes, I really did say that) and that's 100% fine coming from a gal who once thought she was a 100% straight girl.

5. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I just f*cking updated my insta bio and added "queer" in there !!!! aahhhhhh
    I just spontaneously decided that I needed to do that for myself...but I still haven't told anyone in person, and my parents still don't know.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know that you are going to get questions now. So how are you prepared to answer?

Just asking...

7. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in an incredibly progressive activist community, I doubt anyone will ask me about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I'd be prepared to answer.

8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coo, then!

I wish you all the best!:slight_smile: