1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ebony, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My mom is horrible (not trying to sound like a basic teenager) as some of you know I am bigender recently came out to my family I have been try to express more of my female side but every time my mom says no. I want to wear makeup no I want to curl my hair no I want to wear a skirt no every time she turns me down. People with parents like me how do you express your female side.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She may need time to adjust with it all, but you can't really change people who don't wish to change, so I would suggest waiting until you're more independent, what can be hard, but when you're independent, then no one can tell you what to wear or how to express yourself.

3. FoxFeathers

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately, as a minor with unsupportive parents it will be difficult for you to properly express your gender, at least at home and in day-to-day life. Using online spaces for gender expression, or art, or just dressing more feminine when you're by yourself or at friends' houses can be a good outlet when you can't properly express your gender all the time. If you feel safe, you might want to try having a talk with your mom about presenting more feminine, and how it's important to you and would make you happier. Emphasis on safety- if you think you could be kicked out, hurt, or have privileges (phone, friends, etc.) taken away, then you shouldn't do anything to put those things at risk.

Good luck!